Square Trade Drop Test

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Saw a video yesterday of Square Trade drop testing the S8. They said it was the ONLY phone they've ever tested that cracked on the first drop of each angle (front, back, sides). Now that's scary! Do you feel the S8 is that fragile? Still don't have mine and suddenly I'm not that anxious any longer :eek:

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I've seen other drop tests where the s8 held up fairly well. Not saying that the s8 is a tank but this isn't the end all be all either.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't we seek an impartial source of information, rather than a company that can profit from scaring people into buying protection plans?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm stunned, a glass phone with curves in the glass has a higher probability of breaking if dropped.

This is the insurance telling us this, and it's probably true. Look at your risks. I've read that the front screen on the s8 plus is around $200 to replace and back obviously less. Square trade is around $90 for the insurance and $99 deductible. Where is your risk here, either way your spending around $200 for a broken screen. This one here, obviously the insurance company is in the better position.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I honestly don't care how fragile it may or may not be. I bought it because I wanted it. I've dropped my phone with a Spigen case on it and nothing happened.