LED Notification Light Issue?

BringMeBack9801

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The LED notification light on my S8+ will randomly "dim" and then become brighter. I notice it in particular when the red and green colors are activated, but it does it with blue, as well. Sometimes they will not become brighter at all and stay dim, so the behavior is quite random. The difference is very noticeable to the point where I can hardly see the green light at all. At first I thought it was some kind of battery saving feature, but it still acts this way when the phone is plugged in. Anyone else experience anything like this?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I believe, don't quote me, that the LED is tied to ambient light and/or auto brightness. Otherwise, it sound like you may have a bum LED circuit.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My notificaiton light is just DIM, all the time. Compared to my S4, S6 and S7, it's very dim.
I have my phone on Silent or Vibrate a lot, and it's nice to be able to see the notificaiton LED
from across the room. But with the S8 it's next to impossible to see unless you are right on top of it.
I wish there was a stock option to increase the brightness. I am not interested in using a 3rd party app.
Or maybe on a future update it would be nice for them to increase the brightness to match the former models