Bluetooth: paired but not connected

zazazi

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I had no problem pairing my s8+ with my PC ..the problem is that it's not connected....any idea on what to do? I don't have this problem connecting to my car Bluetooth. Only with my pc at home and work. Thanks.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Desktops? notebooks? This is always a sore spot for bluetooth, unlike phones and gadgets with bluetooth that you own that are likely less then a year old people eventually try and pair them with computers that are several years old and it works like crap. Laptops are using budget mini network cards with 1x1 antennas costing the notebook maker a penny on the dollar, and Desktops if it has bluetooth it is because someone stuck a dongle on it which was most likely sold and only tested with a wireless mouse and keyboard. On top of all this, the software drivers installed are also most likely years old because who updates their PCs bluetooth software?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Only with my pc at home and work. Thanks.

I'd guess its a permission issue with the phone. If I hook up the phone via cable to the PC I have to allow the PC to access the phone. I would assume BT would be the same. Did you potentially miss a notice on the phone to allow access?