T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Do you ever get used to android coming from iPhone ???

ladysman17

May 18, 2017
Visit site
I honestly really wanted the note after pre ordering the note 7 and not being able to get it because of them catching fire I was kind of bummed out really wanted a powerful phone with a stylus because I like to draw and that was one of the features on the note so I'm kind of prepping myself for the note 8 can't wait for them to release it........

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Honestly don't mess with launchers until you're​ really comfortable with the Android ecosystem first. Putting a new launcher on before you figure things out will just get you even more overwhelmed. Plus I feel the S8+ launcher has gotten so much better that many people including myself actually use it now.

yogosans14

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
When I switched from a iPhone 6s to a S7 (I'm currently back to a 6s+ but will be switching to the galaxy S8 soon).

I hated it for the first few days then I grew to love the screen and the customization of android. Yes it is hard going without iMessage but once you really start tweaking your phone to fit your needs you'll really grow to like Android.

The only downside at this point is really iMessage and Snapchat tends to be lower quality on android but other than that they do the same things except android is better at customization and features.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Watch YouTube videos directed at new Android users. It's really not that complicated. It can be as simple as iOS, or as complex as you want.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
You never get fully used to it, but it goes both ways. Apple has some clear advantages over Android and Android has some clear advantages over Apple. Best is to have both and go back and forth :)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm the exact opposite. I have tried to go back to Android multiple times unsuccessfully. There's just too many things in Android that **** me off. Plus I love my Watch, MBP and iPhone all working together. I'm happy.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm the exact opposite. I have tried to go back to Android multiple times unsuccessfully. There's just too many things in Android that **** me off. Plus I love my Watch, MBP and iPhone all working together. I'm happy.

I switch between both and like both for different reasons. But in the end I don't like android tablets or watches. They're so bad it's laughable.

But I love androids customization and that I don't have to do silly work around to get simple things done.

I'll probably go back to iOS for a few weeks since my s8+ is irritating me at the moment. That att update really borked mine and I don't feel like wiping it a second time.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Switched from iPhone 4S (which I loved by the way) to a Note 3, never looked back. Had the Galaxy S6, now an S8.

It's really hard to explain the difference between IOS and Android to an iPhone user that has never tried Android. My wife has only ever used iPhones and doesn't "get" Android no matter how often I try to explain it or show her on my phones.

The way I think of it is it's kind of like with IOS I can't breath, it's very limited and frustrating. With Android it's like there are so many different ways to do something and it's like I can breath.

Unless Apple changes their perspective of iOS and drastically opens it up, I seriously doubt I'd ever go back.

I'd rather have a cheap, low end Android than a high end iPhone because it's so much easier to work with. There's that much difference between the OS's.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I switch between both and like both for different reasons. But in the end I don't like android tablets or watches. They're so bad it's laughable.

But I love androids customization and that I don't have to do silly work around to get simple things done.

I'll probably go back to iOS for a few weeks since my s8+ is irritating me at the moment. That att update really borked mine and I don't feel like wiping it a second time.

I'm similar I have an S8+ and 7+. I too like both for different reasons.

I think I am ultimately an apple person but and do hope that iOS 11 is more interesting.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I love Apple only for their laptops and iPads. Their phones are just way too boring and limited for my taste. So for phones I prefer Samsung and for laptops I prefer Apple. I don't think I ever will go back to iPhones. I had it once and got bored of it within a month of having it, but I kept it for 2 years. I just like the customization of Android and how you're not forced to have ALL your app icons on your home screen. I've never had any issues with apps or such on android. One of the reasons why I switched is because there was a game that is exclusively only available on android and not on Apple. Not to mention that Samsung has expandable memory whereas Apple never will. That is a major deal breaker for me and why I hate Apple in terms of their internal storage. Sure now they have it available, but I win in this case since my phone has 64gb internal and I have a 256gb memory card. So I have the most storage available for my photos and music than iPhone lol overall, it all depends on the preference of the user, but I will always go with Samsung when it comes to phones. Apple hasn't been doing anything special enough for me to even want to switch back. They're way too boring with their phones.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
iOS gets boring and with the latest Android OS customizing your device is easy and fun there is no limit don't miss iOS at all. Of course I still have my iPad and Mac.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
The only thing is with iPhone you get updates immediately so if IOS11 brings interesting new features I know I'll get them on my 7+ straight away.

In contrast the S8+ is already stuck on N v7.0 so is already few updates behind, unless you have a google handset you need to accept that on a new phone you are likely to only have the latest version (or close to) version on Android for a very short period.

Last edited:

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
There are some really great articles here​ on AC that can help with suggestions on apps to use that are similar to the iOS experience. Once you get down the feel of Android and basics, look into Nova launcher and you can always download an iOS icon pack to give you that familiar look as well. Like everyone one has said Gboard is a must.

http://m.androidcentral.com/switching-iphone-android-everything-you-need-know

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
No never. Did you ever get past moving into a new house? Things aren't in the same place etc..... No, you just never get over it. Ever. You're forever saying hey siri etc. Really?

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
It's funny to read these types of threads , not criticizing, in fact a year ago my father bought an S7 coming from an iPhone 6 because he read such great things about it, the entire time he was like I don't get it, it's so different how do open my apps.

I was like, it's the same as your iPhone , click the icon to open the app just like you normally would.

His response - this is to complicated, I'm going to return the phone I like how my iPhone works hahaha.

In the end they are basically the same thing, do the same tasks, work the same , things are just organised different.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I've used iPhones for the past 7 years up until the iPhone 6 Plus.

The launch of the iPhone 7 prompted me to look at other options.

I initially bought the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and used that for 8 months and must say it was a learning curve.

I now own the s8 and haven't looked back to iPhones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz