T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Do you ever get used to android coming from iPhone ???

Joseph Guy1

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Iphones are just to limited I do have an 7 plus so I am not an iPhone hatter but to me iPhone just seems slow compared to Android hell by the time iphones get qhd screens androids will have 6k screens that show slow Apple is, when Apple comes out with qhd screens, wireless charging and micro SD and different design I go back.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
The only thing is with iPhone you get updates immediately so if IOS11 brings interesting new features I know I'll get them on my 7+ straight away.

I contrast the S8+ is already stuck on N v7.0 so is already few updates behind, unless you have a google handset you need to accept that on a new phone you are likely to only haver the latest version (or close to) version on Android for a very short period.

iphones get quick updates because they're made by apple and only by them android on the other hand has diversity and not only 1 companie doing android phones pixels/nexus phones are the only ones getting quick updates as they have stock android other manufacturers take the update and do a bunch of things before sending that update to your carrier before they do their stuff and THEN push it to your phone.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm similar I have an S8+ and 7+. I too like both for different reasons.

I think I am ultimately an apple person but and do hope that iOS 11 is more interesting.

I think ultimately I am too. I like my android phones but there isn't a good tablet, watch or tv experience to be had. Those other products are still super under cooked.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I've never understood this comment. All the apps I use on Android and iOS both function the same.

Every day apps work better. Getting in and out of them is faster. With android there is still lag or they get the new features later than android unless you're in the beta channel.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Every day apps work better. Getting in and out of them is faster. With android there is still lag or they get the new features later than android unless you're in the beta channel.
I definitely don't see that. They all function the same.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I definitely don't see that. They all function the same.

Launch them side by side dude. Trust me, it's there. I'm not here to rip on either platform or praise them. Just saying what I see.

Some apps are definitely better on Android, like one password. But some of google's own apps work better on ios. More fluid and fast. Just my .02 from what i've seen in my day to day.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Launch them side by side dude. Trust me, it's there. I'm not here to rip on either platform or praise them. Just saying what I see.

Some apps are definitely better on Android, like one password. But some of google's own apps work better on ios. More fluid and fast. Just my .02 from what i've seen in my day to day.
That doesn't sound like day to day use putting side by side to time it lol. I'm saying in actual day to day use .. the phone functions the same with the same app. One doesn't just run amazing and the other crap.

7AndTRT

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
You'll get used to it. Then you'll hate using an iPhone. It's so difficult to get things done quickly on the iPhone. I have one and sometimes switch over to it. But it doesn't last long.

Not always. I've owned far more Androids for longer periods of time than iPhone, but I always return to iPhone as I find it more efficient and reliable. The last Samsung was my S7 that randomly wiped out my appointments and I missed a doctors appointment because of it. I've been back on iOS ever since.

The S8 is beautiful, but I'm not willing to change back again after so many previous frustrations.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Not always. I've owned far more Androids for longer periods of time than iPhone, but I always return to iPhone as I find it more efficient and reliable. The last Samsung was my S7 that randomly wiped out my appointments and I missed a doctors appointment because of it. I've been back on iOS ever since.

The S8 is beautiful, but I'm not willing to change back again after so many previous frustrations.

You're an iPhone guy. I'm the same way, but in reverse. I'll try an iPhone and get frustrated within a month or so when I can't change something within the platform that I find dumb. I'm stuck with whatever set up Apple decides to give me.

I'm done trying. It's just not for me.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
You're an iPhone guy. I'm the same way, but in reverse. I'll try an iPhone and get frustrated within a month or so when I can't change something within the platform that I find dumb. I'm stuck with whatever set up Apple decides to give me.

i left iphone and their silly inflexible ecosystem when i moved abroad and realised i had to re-purchase every single app and content from the app store again because said content was tied up to my previous region.

so i called the apple rep and he suggested i kept my previous region except i couldnt add a credit card from my new country to it, so it was a ridiculous notion. so i asked why can i purchase content from all over the world with google and keep it in my account regardless of the currency and place i buy it from? the answer: "...".

ditched my iphone 4S then and there and got the HTC M7 and lever looked back.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site

A good friend of mine had is iPhone start wiping contacts, reminders and calenders for absolutely no reason. **** happens on both platforms.

I have had far more iPhones replaced to due to defects than Android phones. 3 iPhone 5, 2 iPhone 5s, 1 replacement for iPhone 6. Only ever bought one note 5, one HTC 10, one honor 8, one Galaxy s6 edge, one axon 7, one mate 9, one LG v20, and my s8+ is flawless. Most everyone i know with iPhone has had to have something fixed with it or replaced due to manufacturer defect.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

This 1000X

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

I'll agree with you to a point, but go try those same Google apps on a Pixel instead of an S8 and you'll see no difference between the Android and iOS versions. The Pixel's performance is just as fluid as iOS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2