AT&T Galaxy S8 Galaxy s8 fingerprint problems

Milo270

May 18, 2017
Visit site
As of a couple days ago from 5/17/2017, I've been having some issues with my fingerprint scanner.
Every time I use my s8 for more than a few hours after a restart, the fingerprint scanner decides to completely stop working all together, if I try to register a new finger, it doesn't recognize when I'm placing my fingerprint on the scanner. However, every time I restart the phone the fingerprint scanner works perfectly fine, but only temporarily. The fact that it works perfectly fine every time I restart the phone leads me to believe that the problem is software based and not hardware based. Is there a simple fix or is something happening that I'm just not understanding? Is it a problem out of my hands that could allow me to get a replacement s8 from at&t? I've owned the phone for just about 2 weeks now, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I randomly have the same issue I restart it and it goes away it seems to be software related. I would think a software update is in order I've had my s8+ since launch. Not sure if a replacement is needed just yet.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I have had this issue too few times but for me it only happens when the phone goes to DND mode. However, this hasn't happened for the past week. Hopefully it fixed itself....

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had the issue but I've noticed a pattern or at least it seems to be a pattern. Not every time I run but the 3 times it has happened to me since I got it on 4/21, two of them was after getting back from my usual 5k run soaked in sweat because of my tropical weather heat, so the phone is also wet and I can't unlock it with the fingerprint, then after I unlocked the phone the problem began, and the third time was after a run also but this time I could unlock it via FP, but then I always use a Baby Wipe to rinse it and clean it and a dry towel after that, and there it was the problem again.

So, it may be different for all of you but it would be interesting to know if with some of you it has happened after the sensor has gotten wet somehow.

alexcapone

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the Same problem. After a restart everything works perfect again. Hopeully it gets resolved soon with a software update.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had the issue but I've noticed a pattern or at least it seems to be a pattern. Not every time I run but the 3 times it has happened to me since I got it on 4/21, two of them was after getting back from my usual 5k run soaked in sweat because of my tropical weather heat, so the phone is also wet and I can't unlock it with the fingerprint, then after I unlocked the phone the problem began, and the third time was after a run also but this time I could unlock it via FP, but then I always use a Baby Wipe to rinse it and clean it and a dry towel after that, and there it was the problem again.

So, it may be different for all of you but it would be interesting to know if with some of you it has happened after the sensor has gotten wet somehow.
Moisture or sweaty hands definitely effect the sensor. When my Hands are completely dry it works every time. When I sweat it can take multiple tries at times.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Moisture or sweaty hands definitely effect the sensor. When my Hands are completely dry it works every time. When I sweat it can take multiple tries at times.
Nah hes saying the fingerprint reader turns off completely. It doesn't register false inputs or nothing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane