Infinity Display: HD+, FHD+ or WQHD+

Resolution

• Total voters

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if there's a thread.

What RESOLUTION do you have your Infinity Display at, what's your reasoning for it?

I'm at WQHD+, why?

I spent this much on my S8 & S8+ that I want to take advantage of it. Battery life isn't a concern especially with Fast Charging.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read it's not really a 1440p display because there are not the same number of red, green, and blue pixels. It's not a true 1440p display. I keep mine at the FHD+ setting for this reason and for the small gain in battery life.

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I run it at WQHD+ also. I ran a few days at FHD, then bumped it up and really did not notice a drop in battery life.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
FHD+. Not a gamer. I notice zero difference, they look exactly the same, so why make the phone work harder for the same result? Makes no sense to me lol

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I run it at WQHD+ also. I ran a few days at FHD, then bumped it up and really did not notice a drop in battery life.

Ditto. The difference in battery was not enough to make me step back. I view a lot of architectural drawings where the resolution matters. (OK, and my movies look better too...)

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
FHD. I tried the other resolutions and see zero difference. Might as well save a little battery since it makes no difference visually.

Trying out 720 now actually to see if I can tell.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I run at WQHD+, not sure how much difference the battery life is, it's a smart phone after all and is used more for the internet and apps loaded than it's intentional purpose. I do notice a difference with the display, it's more noticeable with videos and high rez photos. Basic icons will look the same since they are at a set rez. And as @bembol said I am paying this much for the phone I am going to take advantage of all it offers.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm on FHD+ as i don't do high rez stuff mostly youtube and some gaming (mostly emulators) and i barely see a difference between the 2, so unless i watch something that i know can be 2k staying at FHD since the display is bright either way and that's what i love !

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
QHD. Text looks sharper to me. So does video and photo. Difference in battery seems nil. I paid for a flagship phone with QHD display. So that's what I want to see.

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I personally use FHD+ and like others see no difference. However, Its its true that WQHD doesnt affect battery life then i guess ye might aswell have it on that! Until theres proof it doesn't waist more battery, iam gonna stick with FHD+ for now

zyad

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
WQHD+ here. Not a fan of scaling at 40%. I know that the difference isn't as noticeable (but probably more noticeable viewing photos), but the fact that it's not a 1:1 or 1:2 scaling kind of bugs me. Battery life is fine for me, lasts longer than a full work day with heavy use anyway, so why worry? If I wanted a 1080P phone I would have gotten one for less...

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have been reading comments here and realizing that I do agree with some of the comments mentioning that if you buy a phone this expensive, you might as well put it to its fullest use. Soooooo, I just maxed out my resolution. Why in the world not? :)

Alan Sims

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
WQHD+ All day, Everyday. I want to enjoy the max screen resolution. Not concerned about battery, it lasts me the whole day.

Lovin my S8+ midnight black

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude