So while I wait for some of my favorite apps (Snapchat, clash royale) to better support the new 18:9 aspect ratio before I buy, i keep looking up videos on the S8 and im trying to decide between Midnight black or arctic silver. I had a black S7 and I loved the color, currently I have a gold iPhone 6s+ and I usually rock clear cases and I kinda like the flashiness of the Silver but man that black looks so elegant.

I usually only rock clear cases so do you think the silver would be a better choice because I feel that this black color won't shine that well through a clear case.

Opinions and pictures of your guys phones would be nice.
    bembol likes this.
    05-18-2017 09:40 PM
    I love my black S8, I think black makes it look sleek and classy... It's the most gorgeous phone ever made.
    05-18-2017 11:07 PM
    Coin toss you can't go wrong.

I have both and I can't say which I would keep if had to choose between the two.
    Tim1954 likes this.
    05-18-2017 11:19 PM
    Black all the way. Normally I like colors other than black, but I don't dig the two-tone approach of black display and color back.
    Tim1954 and Alan Sims like this.
    05-18-2017 11:58 PM
    I almost went for the Orchid Grey (no silver available in Canada -- at least at this time). But the black was just so darned sleek looking I switched back.

Now, if there were a red version available...
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    05-19-2017 12:45 AM
    Black for sure. Or the orchid gray
    05-19-2017 02:18 AM
    Midnight Black of course.
    Alan Sims likes this.
    05-19-2017 05:14 AM
    Color is always a personal choice. I was set to go with the silver, then I seen the video showing the colors and loved the way the orchid gray would change colors in differnt lighting. I changed to orchid gray and haven't regretted it.

I tell people if your going to use clear cases then get silver or orchid gray to show the colors, if your going to get a colored case then get the black.
    05-19-2017 07:14 AM
    The Samsung clear covers are color-coded to complement the phones, so if you get one of those, I'm sure your black phone will look black. They're very thin too. It's almost like not having a case.
    05-19-2017 07:19 AM
    Best option is to go to the store and see them in person for yourself. I was sold on the black when I saw it in person.
    Alan Sims likes this.
    05-19-2017 09:00 AM
    I almost went for the Orchid Grey (no silver available in Canada -- at least at this time). But the black was just so darned sleek looking I switched back.

Now, if there were a red version available...
    I would be all over a red version. The last red phone I had was the S3.
    05-19-2017 09:22 AM
    Orchid grey i can't stand black phones anymore + the s8 in black (though it does look sleek somewhat) is a fingerprint magnet i would'nt buy a jet black iphone so not taking a jet black s8 , plus i love the kinda blue reflections the grey gets in sunlight looks real nice imo :3 (then again i do miss the blue/black we had on the s6 and note 5)
    05-19-2017 11:25 AM
    Orchid grey i can't stand black phones anymore + the s8 in black (though it does look sleek somewhat) is a fingerprint magnet i would'nt buy a jet black iphone so not taking a jet black s8 , plus i love the kinda blue reflections the grey gets in sunlight looks real nice imo :3 (then again i do miss the blue/black we had on the s6 and note 5)
    Yeah after seeing a video on YouTube of the midnight black with a clear case it looks very meh. Silver/orchid grey looks very flashy with a clear case which I love.

Silver it is .
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    05-19-2017 12:55 PM
    Orchid grey here. I'm tired of black. Almost every phone I've ever bought has been black ( not out of choice, sometimes that's all it came in). Phone does look nice in that color but I wanted different
    05-19-2017 01:38 PM
    Orchid grey here. I'm tired of black. Almost every phone I've ever bought has been black ( not out of choice, sometimes that's all it came in). Phone does look nice in that color but I wanted different
    I know how it feels i'm in canada and 9/10 times we only get black or white (some exeptions are there though like the s7 edge we had the blue) but any chance i get to have a different color than black DUDE count me in
    05-19-2017 02:09 PM
    There are already multiple what's-your-favorite-color threads here, including a sticky thread with hundreds of posts.
    05-19-2017 04:13 PM