05-27-2017 03:09 PM
40 12
tools
    Being that I like to annoy my iPhone coworkers with my S8+, I was wondering what everyone's first feature which they like to show off is.....I usually start with the iris scanner and then transition over to the split screen.....Always a great debate starter!! Lol
    kevinpleasants and jacker like this.
    05-18-2017 09:41 PM
    Samsung Pay. Hands down. The look on everyone's face when they tell you 'it won't work, we don't take Apple Pay' and then it does.
    05-18-2017 10:31 PM
    The split screen is a great lead in. I love that feature. But on a more practical note, you can point out that you can choose your own default browser, or customize the look/feel with different launchers and icon sets.
    Wopback and jacker like this.
    05-19-2017 12:52 AM
    I always go with the super beautiful display and the simple fact that I can customize my screen with whatever I want ,in whatever theme I want. Then I follow that with showing off the sheer beauty of this phone. iPhone 6 and 7 don't even compare physically side by side.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-19-2017 07:39 AM
    Samsung Pay. Hands down. The look on everyone's face when they tell you 'it won't work, we don't take Apple Pay' and then it does.
    Oh yeah!! I enjoy the looks I get on this one too.....lol
    jacker likes this.
    05-19-2017 10:58 AM
    If you have a newer TV and a an iFriend around, show them the Samsung Connect feature that lets you bring your TV's screen into your phone (not mirroring the phone to TV, but the TV to the phone). For added dramatic effect, go 'take a little break' and comment on the show or whatever's going on in your TV from 'the throne'.
    05-19-2017 01:35 PM
    If you have a newer TV and a an iFriend around, show them the Samsung Connect feature that lets you bring your TV's screen into your phone (not mirroring the phone to TV, but the TV to the phone). For added dramatic effect, go 'take a little break' and comment on the show or whatever's going on in your TV from 'the throne'.
    ^This. I always do this when one of my friends visit me simply because he is one of those trash talkers-arrogant-iphones are for rich and Android are for poor, kind of guy. So I just keep try to humble him by doing this, using S Pay when we go out and when showing something on the phone I always use Multi Windows. But so far, based on his face reaction I think that the Samsung Connection (I forgot what this was called before) an S Pay have been the most humbling experiences for him.
    kevinpleasants and jacker like this.
    05-19-2017 01:56 PM
    The display naturally as that's the first thing they'll see. Then, using the IRIS scanner, I unlock my phone and show them Samsung Pay and let them ask questions about it. Oh sure, the fanbois will tell you they can do Apple Pay, but when you ask them where, that's where they shut up after saying McDonald's and Starbucks. I like showing off the camera too like I did last night at my daughter's talent show.

I just wish the fingerprint scanner was on the front under the glass. That would have been the icing on the cake.
    burrzoo and jacker like this.
    05-19-2017 01:58 PM
    Sweet!! Is there a tutorial for this?
    05-19-2017 02:43 PM
    Sweet!! Is there a tutorial for this?
    When you enter the app, on the main page there is a "How to use" option, and right on that page you can simply add your devices, but it's very straight forward, I even have the option to always show it on my Notification bar by turning on the "Samsung Connect panel" option on the app's settings.
    Wopback and jacker like this.
    05-19-2017 02:59 PM
    MultiWindow is great but my go to is Nova's Look & Gestures.

This is my home, its clean and access majority of my apps using gestures like swiping up to text.

While they're impressed majority of them doesn't treat their phones like a toy which I do.

BTW, using my G6.
    jacker likes this.
    05-19-2017 03:56 PM
    I use my edge panel regularly as I prefer a clean homescreen.

Apps Edge.
    jacker likes this.
    05-20-2017 02:19 AM
    I guess my Samsung TV is too old (2 yrs)...the only option I have for it in Connect is "Mirror Screen"....too bad! Would be cool to see my TV on my phone!
    05-20-2017 04:10 AM
    I guess my Samsung TV is too old (2 yrs)...the only option I have for it in Connect is "Mirror Screen"....too bad! Would be cool to see my TV on my phone!
    You can still do it but you need an older version of SmartView (I think up to version 2 should work). Not sure why they stripped that function from the newer updates But if you find the older APK, it works.
    05-20-2017 11:24 AM
    You can still do it but you need an older version of SmartView (I think up to version 2 should work). Not sure why they stripped that function from the newer updates But if you find the older APK, it works.
    I think that the previous name of this app or it's predecessor was called Quick Connect, I don't remember if SmartView by itself allowed that, I may be wrong but I think that SmartView was always to cast or mirror to the TV while Quick Connect was the one used to control the TV and be able to see your TV on the phone, BTW I've loved this since I saw it the first time.

Anyways, he can try SmartView and if it doesn't work he can try Quick Connect. Both can be found on Apkmirrors website.
    jacker likes this.
    05-20-2017 11:41 AM
    I think that the previous name of this app or it's predecessor was called Quick Connect, I don't remember if SmartView by itself allowed that, I may be wrong but I think that SmartView was always to cast or mirror to the TV while Quick Connect was the one used to control the TV and be able to see your TV on the phone, BTW I've loved this since I saw it the first time.

Anyways, he can try SmartView and if it doesn't work he can try Quick Connect. Both can be found on Apkmirrors website.
    SmartView was the one used for older models, then they updated the app and removed the feature for some reason. Quick Connect is the older version pf Samsung Connect; it was bundled with phones and only works in newer models.
    jacker likes this.
    05-20-2017 01:53 PM
    Swipe up to open up a game with Nova
    jacker likes this.
    05-20-2017 03:12 PM
    When you enter the app, on the main page there is a "How to use" option, and right on that page you can simply add your devices, but it's very straight forward, I even have the option to always show it on my Notification bar by turning on the "Samsung Connect panel" option on the app's settings.
    *Sorry* Same questions asked while I was posting.

I can see my phone content or my phone screen on the TV but can't figure out how to display what's on TV onto my phone. Did I misunderstand the options? I don't seem to have that option.
    05-20-2017 09:05 PM
    *Sorry* Same questions asked while I was posting.

I can see my phone content or my phone screen on the TV but can't figure out how to display what's on TV onto my phone. Did I misunderstand the options? I don't seem to have that option.
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2e26786cab.jpg
    If the option doesn't appear there, your TV doesn't support the function with the newer Samsung app. BUT if it's not older than 2013 I believe, you can still try and see if the older version of SmartView still works. Can't remember what the version of SV was before they removed the TV-to-phone feature from it, though... but I think it was before version 2.
    burrzoo likes this.
    05-20-2017 09:53 PM
    Double tapping the recent app button to quickly flip between the last recent app and current one is by far a big hit for me. Use it all the time. It's more of and Android N feature than Samsung though.
    James8561 likes this.
    05-21-2017 06:38 AM
    If the option doesn't appear there, your TV doesn't support the function with the newer Samsung app. BUT if it's not older than 2013 I believe, you can still try and see if the older version of SmartView still works. Can't remember what the version of SV was before they removed the TV-to-phone feature from it, though... but I think it was before version 2.
    I have a 2014 Samsung. You're right, it was Samsung Smart View 2.0 (old) as listed on Apk mirror and was a version before Oct. 2015. I tried the old apk version and it installed but it couldn't find my TV (even though my model # was supposed to work, it was for many 2014 & 2015 models).
    I give up.
    05-21-2017 09:21 AM
    Samsung Pay...absolutely love it!
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-21-2017 10:35 PM
    Samsung pay and the aod.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-23-2017 11:50 PM
    Camera for me it blows the iPhone away every time.
    05-24-2017 09:16 AM
    I can put my icons wherever I want on my home screens. LMAO!! How has iOS still not figured out how to let people arrange their icons where they like? It's the most basic thing, yet you still can't do this in the iOS environment. Last I checked, the jailbreak tweak gridlock didn't even work either so you can't even do this if you jailbreak, unless you put invisible icons on the screen, which is a complete pain.

Seriously though, there is so much that you can do with any Android device that you can't do with iOS devices. My favorite is being able to completely customize the way my device looks and feels with launchers, etc..
    kevinpleasants and James8561 like this.
    05-24-2017 10:16 AM
40 12