Battery drainage S8 plus

Wiz777

May 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi there. Firstly I want to point out I'm in the UK (if that makes any difference) I've had my S8 plus for about a month now. Battery usage started off well but lately seems to be draining quickly when I'm using the phone. It seems to be about 1% every 3 - 4 minutes. It just doesn't seem right to watch the percentage tick down almost minute by minute as I'm using the phone. Attached is a screen shot from 2 days ago when I didn't even make 12 hours with the phone (it died just after I took the screen shot) the SOT was only 4 hours in that 12 hour period. I don't understand how people are getting over 24 hours between charges with over 6 hours SOT? Even at night I seem to lose over 5% and I turn off wifi and mobile data every night and disable AOD. During the day I do have AOD on, again I've heard mixed reviews about how much this drains the battery. Any feedback on this would appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170518-160230.jpg
    Screenshot_20170518-160230.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 67

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I'm in the U.K too using the s8 bought from the Samsung Experience Store so has no network firmware version or bloatware on it.

I consider myself to be a moderate to heavy user.

I'll get around 2 days easy on my phone.

For me Google Chrome was chewing my battery and made mediaserver show up so I force stopped and disabled it and now use the Samsung Stock Browser.

I like the AOD feature so accept it'll take approx 1% battery per hour.
I use dark themes and a dark wallpaper.
I choose not to have high accuracy turned on.

Battery screen on times / standby stats are a subjective topic as we all use our phones differently and have set them up to suit our own needs along with various apps that can play a part on battery usage.

Personally I turn Off the Battery % sign on my status bar and just enjoy the phone. :)

That said a person who is experiencing severe battery drain then if it's not a rogue app , have cleared the system cache and last resort factory reset after backing g up I'd suggest to have a diagnostic run on it via a Samsung Service Location.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't see anything wrong here.... + as many will point out don't supose that because some get alot of sot you'll have the same results everyone is different and everyone will have different results with battery. For one i disabled every bloatware preinstalled (aka facebook kind of apps) as they drain battery by being always working i personally replaced facebook and messenger with metal you get both and it dosen't use nearly as much battery and ram as these 2 do. Also keep in mind the more you use your phone the more battery will drain,i also noticed your chrome seems to be draining it quite a bit do you have the data saver option on in chrome ?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I don't see anything wrong here.... + as many will point out don't supose that because some get alot of sot you'll have the same results everyone is different and everyone will have different results with battery. For one i disabled every bloatware preinstalled (aka facebook kind of apps) as they drain battery by being always working i personally replaced facebook and messenger with metal you get both and it dosen't use nearly as much battery and ram as these 2 do. Also keep in mind the more you use your phone the more battery will drain,i also noticed your chrome seems to be draining it quite a bit do you have the data saver option on in chrome ?

Metal ?

Not used this yet. Pro's and con's.

I disable Facebook App too and navigate to Facebook via a quick access saved in my Samsung Browser.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Metal ?

Not used this yet. Pro's and con's.

I disable Facebook App too and navigate to Facebook via a quick access saved in my Samsung Browser.

haven't used it enough to really "review" it but i can say it's a pretty damn handy replacement for both facebook and messenger (and if you'd like you can connect twitter to it too) mine's on sleep as i don't use facebook often and it's such a low battery hogging app that it barely ever appears on my battery usage + there's a dark theme i used to be like you and use the browser page but this app is pretty good imo.

Wiz777

May 19, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! I do understand that the more you use the phone the quicker it will drain. I think I may have got a bit hung up on other people's stats. I do really like the phone just wanted something to reference against. Will have a look at data saver option for chrome. Think I might just disable battery percentage and enjoy the phone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC