How to change edge lighting color on S8+?

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Yea. Stock options don't allow it. The edge doesn't seem to be as customizable as it was in previous phones. I used to like assigning a color to different contacts which allowed me to know who was texting/calling even if I couldn't see or read the screen.

coolioe93

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
It gets the color from your background wallpaper. Change your wallpaper and the edge lighting color changes as well. You can't choose a specific color afaik

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
This ^^

I would care more if this damn thing worked! Right it only works with SMS messages for me and not for any other apps.

Wow it works for you? Cool. Mines never worked. I'm seriously thinking of sticking with a flat screen phone next time around. The curves seen to be causing more problems (no screen protectors etc) than that are worth.

But hey, I'm gonna enjoy this phone until it's time for a new one.

Novaprime

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I know this is possibly a silly question from me, but have you guys chosen which apps you want to work with edge lighting? Mine works only for the apps I chose. Saying that, I totally believe that some people could have an issue where it doesn't work.

Topher Doucet

Aug 24, 2017
Visit site
Mine won't even turn off?! It wasn't even working the first week now on week 2 and the right side of my screen is stuck with a pinkish edge light all down the side. Even did a factory reset with no luck. Think I've got a dud...fml

CharlesWinston

Oct 14, 2017
Visit site
I just learned it now after reading your comments.. Its automatically changing depends on the Album Art Color.. The picture of your music..

Samsung Galaxy s8

CharlesWinston

Oct 14, 2017
Visit site
I just learned it now after reading your comments.. Its automatically changing depends on the Album Art Color.. The picture of your music..

Samsung Galaxy s8