Galaxy S8+ slow wifi & data signal problems

Patbol

May 23, 2017
Visit site
Phone is only a week old and right out of the box I've noticed many times that my data connection (here in New zealand) is always on H+ and never 4G. I've been around other phones that will get 4G everywhere but I won't, only in limited certain places

The Wi-Fi will also randomly act slow and crash or not load pages, same when it's on data, I find myself switching from Wi-Fi to data sometimes just to load a page in my own house

Phone has been reset to factory and still doing this. Any ideas?

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Try turning off smart network switching in the advanced wireless menu. I was having the same problem and turning that off has mostly fixed it.

alantwm

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I used to have constant home Wifi dropouts with my Galaxy S8+. The wifi icon on the notification bar would show an exclamation point and I'd have no Internet.

Recently overed a fix: change the router config from b+g+n to just b+g. Since then, my Wifi has been rock solid. You could give this a try.

Mat Bolles

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Try turning off smart network switching in the advanced wireless menu. I was having the same problem and turning that off has mostly fixed it.

I just wanted to stop in and say thank for the suggestion. Today is my first day with my newS8+, I'm currently on an unlimited data plan through U.S. Cellular and I thought using the smart switch would give me an even more stable WiFi connection all throughout our house. I live in rural Iowa and use Hughes Net for WiFi service provider. All in all signal is rather good. However using the smart switch my signals would show to be very strong but would not load, I noticed an exclamation point along with the WiFi icon. I researched came across your post, executed per your advice and the night was thus saved. Thanks again.