I hate this phone rate 0

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you; there are tons of devices that are better than the S5, so don't be afraid to try out some of them. The advice of trying to update your stereo sounds like a good idea.

Also welcome to the forums. People normally aren't this rude, especially to brand new members. Hopefully we can get you to give us another chance to see how are community usually is.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Just a note, on Verizon most of my apps transferred (Verizon cloud which didn't know I was using lol). Worked great.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am kind of disappointed to see some of the reactions in this thread. Me and my team of Ambassadors go out of our way to make people feel welcomed when they post for the first time. This user is having an issue, and maybe as a group, we can try to help fix it (Be together, not the same).

It may be a hardware issue, like @L0n3N1nja said. I would follow up with the idea @VW Maverick had and see if there is an update on the car's side to help. You might want to stereo update anyway; it may fix issues you haven't come across yet.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
One of the easiest and best ways to move apps, text messages, etc. from your old phone to the new one is via Samsung Switch. I just did that with my daughter's Note 4 to an S7 Edge. Worked perfectly including all the wifi passwords.

However, if you're expecting to move the data with the apps (logins, game progress, etc.) it ain't gonna happen unless the phones are rooted.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I am kind of disappointed to see some of the reactions in this thread. Me and my team of Ambassadors go out of our way to make people feel welcomed when they post for the first time. This user is having an issue, and maybe as a group, we can try to help fix it (Be together, not the same).

I understand your concern but I don't believe the OP was requesting help with his/her issue. It was posted as a statement of fact using the "hate" word. Sometimes people need to take responsibility for their words instead of having the moderator come to their defense. Should we award a trophy to the OP for his/her stance also?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe the OP was requesting help with his/her issue.

Fair point, but that doesn't give a pass for replies that are less than helpful.

Sometimes people need to take responsibility for their words instead of having the moderator come to their defense.
Responsibility for their words, sure. But also when people are frustrated they aren't thinking rationally due to them being in the situation. As for coming to their defense, yeah, I guess I am guilty of that. But it doesn't change how I am disappointed in how the community reacted in this instance.

Should we award a trophy to the OP for his/her stance also?
No. But belittling them doesn't help either.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I understand your concern but I don't believe the OP was requesting help with his/her issue. It was posted as a statement of fact using the "hate" word. Sometimes people need to take responsibility for their words instead of having the moderator come to their defense. Should we award a trophy to the OP for his/her stance also?

So someone can't say they hate a phone? But someone can post they love a phone and that is okay? That makes zero sense to me. He hates the phone due to the issues which he explains in the OP. If we solve the issues I am sure he wouldn't hate it.

Either way someone saying they hate a phone due to some issues shouldn't be belittled. We should help if we can. Have you never said something you may not mean when angry? Never once said "I hate this stupid thing" when something is going wrong with your car, phone, <insert life thing here> ?

Yeah .. So let's not be rude .. instead let's be helpful. If you don't want to help that is completely okay as well -- but don't post to belittle the OP.

If you have any more concerns please send me a PM about it.

lever2000

May 4, 2017
Visit site

It may be a hardware issue, like @L0n3N1nja said. I would follow up with the idea @VW Maverick had and see if there is an update on the car's side to help. You might want to stereo update anyway; it may fix issues you haven't come across yet.

Same here I can't believe some of the replies here. Must say I never saw these on CrackBerry.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Being the curious type that i am i wonder where the mods saw the hate as the Op seems to just wanting to put hate on the forums here and dosen't seem like he wants help at all imo it feels like an apple fanboy (sorry for that term i hate it too) trying to compare ios to android dosen't seem like someone who wants help i feel like it's a pointless thread wanting attention + didn't check but i don't think he even replied to give anyone more infos on his/her issues so to me it's like anything in life you hate something and say it's crap ofc people are gonna come to defend what they love but that's just my logic as imo thread saying they simply love the devices are pretty pointless too....... contradictory ? maybe but still if you come somewhere where everyone loves something and just post free hate for it expect to get hate in return....

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I'll find this out myself today, since I'm getting a new car. Of course if there are issues with Bluetooth it'll be easier for me since I'll be at the dealer picking up the car. However, firmware updates for car systems are not uncommon in order to get our phones to properly connect.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Being the curious type that i am i wonder where the mods saw the hate as the Op seems to just wanting to put hate on the forums here and dosen't seem like he wants help at all imo it feels like an apple fanboy (sorry for that term i hate it too) trying to compare ios to android dosen't seem like someone who wants help i feel like it's a pointless thread wanting attention + didn't check but i don't think he even replied to give anyone more infos on his/her issues so to me it's like anything in life you hate something and say it's crap ofc people are gonna come to defend what they love but that's just my logic as imo thread saying they simply love the devices are pretty pointless too....... contradictory ? maybe but still if you come somewhere where everyone loves something and just post free hate for it expect to get hate in return....

I think I get what you're trying to say, but that's not how this works at all. We do not welcome new members with "hate in return".

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

We don't even know and can't presume anything about the OP. People get busy with work, family, school and life in general. We need to give them time to respond.

Let's not judge a person's situation without giving them a chance to let us try to help them.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I totally understand what you and Aquila mean and i thank you for the answers :) but i still think people should give more details ie : if they tried methods to resolve their problems or what they're trying to accomplish Op here seems to only wanna post free hate i get that liking a phone is personnal opinion and no i don't feel someone deserve hate because they don't like something everyone else do but wether it be what i'd call "free praising" or "free hate" both should'nt be on here unless the thread would specify so (ie what you like about it /hate) but if you come here just to cry that something is plain **** for ya sorry but being nice comes both ways i will not give free hate towards OP as i get the frustration he probably feels with it but saying you hate everything dosen't really help others help you.

That's just my own opinion though and i like discussing these in thread made for these types of things (ofc if done in a proper way)
Can't wait for Op to answer why so much hate though.

boricuacaddy

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung S8+ and it paired easily with the Bluetooth in my Cadillac CTS. Try deleting all the old paired devices in your car. That way you start out fresh.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Did I miss all the fun? Darn! ;p

I think it boils down to one rule... "Treat others as you would want others to treat your mother"

It takes very little effort to just leave it alone :)

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Man, I guess you should have played around with an S8 at the store before buying it. I've had Galaxy S4, S5, S6, S7E and now S8+ and I definitely think the S8+ is the best of the lot. The S4 and S5 were basically the same. The S6 was an awesome phone with a great camera but the memory management was atrocious. S7E was amazing and once you get used to the shape of the S8+, it's really quite a nice device. I'm even getting used to the location of the FPS, which I absolutely hated at first. Well, I still think it's a horrible spot for it but I've gotten used to it.

Anyway, hopefully you've kept your S5 and can return the S8 and only pay a restocking fee. You should always spend some time in the store playing with a phone before you grab it though. My two cents.