Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up this phone yesterday. Now I own a iPhone 7 Plus 256 GB and this phone. On my iPhone I used AirMail for my companies SMTP Mail accounts. What's the best program for Android? Right now I have Boxer. It's nice but for some reason it doesn't show mail notification numbers on the icon like the messages icon and default ma program did.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
OEM launchers that support unread count badges often don't support a whole lot of apps -- typically just the manufacturer's own apps, as well as the more common ones like Facebook and LinkedIn. If you install a 3rd party launcher (like Nova Launcher, along with their companion app TeslaUnread), you have more control over which apps show unread count badges.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I had airmail as well. I run the action launcher and Gmail as the app. Didn't like the Samsung stock app. I'm also running the Google keyboard which helps me type much better. Didn't like the stock Samsung keyboard. To hard to type on. I also swapped out the messaging app for textra which allows me to send out all messages MMS so the iMessage recepients r happier with me because the text doesn't deliver it of order or all parsed out.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Textra and SwiftKey for my keyboard. Does the default mail app support many IMAP connections? I know in Gmail directly online you can only add around 5 extra accounts!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Nine Mail

Just picked up this phone yesterday. Now I own a iPhone 7 Plus 256 GB and this phone. On my iPhone I used AirMail for my companies SMTP Mail accounts. What's the best program for Android? Right now I have Boxer. It's nice but for some reason it doesn't show mail notification numbers on the icon like the messages icon and default ma program did.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Just finished setting up Novalauncher Prime. Looks really good. Any extra battery drain not using the stock UI?
9788a136aedcdcfdb08526d9e251f0ca.jpg

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I had similar when using gmail.
I'm ok with the stock launcher so decided to use the Samsung Stock email app and now have my multiple email accounts through that.
This way I have the Notification Badges.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to the App Manager, then Menu and Show System. Is there an app called Google Contacts Sync? If so, select it, tap Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data.

If you don't see an app by that name, then go to Settings>Accounts-Google, select your account, and see if there is a Sync Error listed under Contacts. See what happens if you turn off sync for Contacts, then turn it back on again.

I've never seen any significant change in battery usage with Nova.

StevieD2

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Have Gmail pick up your SMTP mail from the server and use Google Inbox as your client. Another benefit is having mail available on an IMAP server for access from multiple clients.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Have Gmail pick up your SMTP mail from the server and use Google Inbox as your client. Another benefit is having mail available on an IMAP server for access from multiple clients.
They limit accounts to 5 I think. I need more than 5. I used to use Gmail to check my mail but needed more accounts.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

Aquamail

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs