Is it difficult for you to pull down the notifications bar with one hand?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thumbs can't reach the top of the screen unless I scoot my hand up and then pull it down, and then scoot it back down. Kind of a pain in the ***. Any other way that's faster (using one hand)? There's the option with fingerprint sensor but that's even worse cause I keep thinking camera is the fps. My left hand is actually tired from reaching.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I am accustomed to bigger phones. I have four fingers on the back of my phone and easily scooch up to reach buttons as needed. Sometimes I use the other hand sometimes not.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Thumbs can't reach the top of the screen unless I scoot my hand up and then pull it down, and then scoot it back down. Kind of a pain in the ***. Any other way that's faster (using one hand)? There's the option with fingerprint sensor but that's even worse cause I keep thinking camera is the fps. My left hand is actually tired from reaching.
I swear I've yet to see you post something positive about the phone. Why not exchange it for something you find more manageable?

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site
S8 or +? Ideas: 1) hold phone differently, 2) move your other hand, 3) wait until your hands grow, 4) your hand will get stronger over time, and won't get tired from reaching 5) get a smaller phone, 6) do something someone else suggested.

Let me know if none of those work. I'm sure I can come up with another suggestion that makes me sound like a jerk.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
What i'd say is first of all try both models in a store hold em if you can to see which fits your hands better i went with the + but i thought i had average hands (seems i was wrong as i don't have much difficulties reaching the top or fps on the back) some people will have less issues with the normal version some find it easier with the +

Guess i hold my phone kinda weirdly to reach it but i find no discomfort in doing so when i'm out and about i use the fps on the back to access the notification tray since it lets me hold the phone normally,but then again everyone has different taste/ways to hold a phone and different hand size.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
You didn't specify what model you have maybe the S8 would be better than the Plus for you

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Like others have said, you can use the FPS or Nova. You really shouldn't have any problem finding the FPS when using a case. Another option is to download a 3rd party app which allows you to add a gesture or shortcut to the homescreen.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I have large hands and I still have to scoot my hand up a little. It is what it is. If it doesn't work for you then return it ASAP. I don't buy a tablet expecting to do anything one handed. Nova provides a great screen gesture for that though.