Replacement screens

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm in need of a samsung S8 replacement front screen. Does anybody have a site with a good price for them or maybe looking to see a screen. Thanks

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
let me tell you this. im a franchisee for the largest cell phone repair chain in the U.S. on those repairs you cant do just glass only. some people try it but its a messy repair and customers will comeback and say the glue isnt sticking because of the curves. anyways if you want A GOOD QUALITY OEM SAMSUNG PART THAT HAS THE GLASS/DIGITIZER/LCD COMBO ITS GONNA COST YOU 390-400. i have really good vendors i go through and we get special pricing and it is still expensive for us. we pay 379 for the part and charge 499 for the repair because part cost is so high. we dont even keep them in stock right now because i dont wanna sit on a 400 part that no one will want to spend the money on. now if someone pays upfront and commits to the repair and pays then we will pay for the part and order it. but yeah sorry for the long paragraph but thats kind of where it stands for replacing these devices. samsung are always the most expensive. s7 edge is still 349 to fix. claim insurance if you have it. if you call around to any repair stores and they tell you anything less that 380 to fix it DO NOT TRUST THEM WITH YOUR DEVICE. that part will be low quality

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I suggest approaching Samsung for the Repair.

This way you are confident the part will be original, your warranty will remain intact and so will the IP68 rating.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I suggest approaching Samsung for the Repair.

This way you are confident the part will be original, your warranty will remain intact and so will the IP68 rating.

To be clear, Samsung won't warranty damage from chlorine or salt or other chemicals found in the pool or at the beach.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
It's £220 if you're in the U.K.

That's useful to know @Kiet189

:)

Do you know this from first hand experience ?
Is this a costing via a Carphone Warehouse Repair Centre or Samsung ?

Do you perhaps have a link with this and more costings ? I ask as it's a common query by people on forums and as such would be a useful link to save.

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
A GOOD QUALITY OEM SAMSUNG PART THAT HAS THE GLASS/DIGITIZER/LCD COMBO ITS GONNA COST YOU 390-400.

if someone pays upfront and commits to the repair and pays then we will pay for the part and order it.

My phone (with screen protector and case) slipped out of my hand yesterday and landed face down on a stone floor, putting several cracks in the glass. I was quoted $400 for the repair and got the same information - the part is too new and, therefore, expensive.

The place I called also said they would order the part with a 100% deposit.

I was on my way to pay the deposit when I decided just to buy a new phone for cash. When the price of the parts come down (2-3 months per the guy I talked to) then I'll replace the screen and sell the phone.

Kiet189

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
That's useful to know @Kiet189

:)

Do you know this from first hand experience ?
Is this a costing via a Carphone Warehouse Repair Centre or Samsung ?

Do you perhaps have a link with this and more costings ? I ask as it's a common query by people on forums and as such would be a useful link to save.

You're welcome my friend. It's £200 for screen replacement and £20 inspection fee. I know because that is what I had to pay at the Samsung support centre in oxford street. The manager that served me didn't even mention that £20 inspection fee lol but I've got a new screen with slight pinkish on left side edge but I'm happy. I would post my receipt but my wife threw it in the bin.

If you're planning on getting a same day fix, best to get there for when their store opens which is 9-10am because the device is new and takes more time they stated. Took about 4 hours for mine to get fixed. If you hand in your device after 2-3pm then you won't get a same day fix, unfortunately.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
My phone (with screen protector and case) slipped out of my hand yesterday and landed face down on a stone floor, putting several cracks in the glass. I was quoted $400 for the repair and got the same information - the part is too new and, therefore, expensive.

The place I called also said they would order the part with a 100% deposit.

I was on my way to pay the deposit when I decided just to buy a new phone for cash. When the price of the parts come down (2-3 months per the guy I talked to) then I'll replace the screen and sell the phone.
Not sure if price will drop that much. As guy said above, S7 edge repair will still cost you 350 bucks for part. By the time the price drops any large amount, I don't think you'd be able to sell for more than you spent repairing it. This is the sad state of phones these days. Nothing is cheap to repair... 😑

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
You're welcome my friend. It's £200 for screen replacement and £20 inspection fee. I know because that is what I had to pay at the Samsung support centre in oxford street. The manager that served me didn't even mention that £20 inspection fee lol but I've got a new screen with slight pinkish on left side edge but I'm happy. I would post my receipt but my wife threw it in the bin.

If you're planning on getting a same day fix, best to get there for when their store opens which is 9-10am because the device is new and takes more time they stated. Took about 4 hours for mine to get fixed. If you hand in your device after 2-3pm then you won't get a same day fix, unfortunately.

Ah ok.

I think it may have been prudent to save the receipt just in case something goes wrong with the new screen.

I've had a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge screen replaced before at a Carphone Warehouse Highstreet Store with an authorised repair centre in due to the solid pink line down the left hand side of the screen but that was carried out under the Manufacturing Warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2