Rooted Samsung galaxy s8 problems

A

AC Question

Okay i have rooted s8 and running costum rom but i have problems with google apps. If i try to download something from playstore i get different errors like (490,491,403,505 and more) when im using chrome i get ssl errors. And other google apps like youtube is giving me network errors all the time.

Things i have tried : cleaning Google Play services Cache, removing and re-adding google accounts. deleting hosts. file with root explorer. Cleaning cache in twrp. Re-flashing gapps. Re installing stock rom- with odin and smart switch (but stock rom crashes and reboots all time so im unable to use it) I also have tried all costum roms.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What ROM are you running?

Edit: Which version of GApps did you use? Full, nano, micro?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I used to jailbreak iPhone's but that's because Apple over restrict them out of the box Imo.

I've personally for my wants and needs no need to do this on my s8.
Rooting isn't as necessary as it used to be. Even though it adds features it also takes some away, like Samsung Pay is just one example.

themasv

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Not too sure but i think i have some hardware problem, if i try recovery via odin my phone updates to 32% and then says erasing... and then it boots but everything crashes. Im able to use costum roms but i still get some crashes and google apps are not working well.

themasv

May 29, 2017
Visit site
I have tried to reinstall ROM via odin and via smart switch over 10 times. nothing i also have tried ALL costum roms for s8 and they work but google apps have network problems. I also have tried RE-PARTITION, NAND ERASE ALL, PHONE EFS CLEAR in odin but i cannot use stock rom bc it crashes and reboots all the time. Well i can use stock rom if i install TWRP but then google play wont download apps and i get network issues in chrome.

themasv

May 29, 2017
Visit site
No i only had warrany but now if im rooted the warranty is void. ugh i wish i never rooted that device, expensive lesson learned

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroharoo