Switched back to stock launcher

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
So after about 5 weeks of tinkering with my S8+ I decided to do a factory reset and set it up completely stock. I had been using Nova Prime since day 1 but got tired of the endless tweaking. I must say that I think I'll be happier with it in its current setup. The main thing I've always liked about iOS is that once it's setup it's done. You can then focus on actually using the device for what it is intended for.

May 28, 2017
Visit site
So after about 5 weeks of tinkering with my S8+ I decided to do a factory reset and set it up completely stock. I had been using Nova Prime since day 1 but got tired of the endless tweaking. I must say that I think I'll be happier with it in its current setup. The main thing I've always liked about iOS is that once it's setup it's done. You can then focus on actually using the device for what it is intended for.
This isn't a good thing about iOS, that's a lack of customisation and that's it. If you set up a plainer look on Nova it will fit any phone and won't get boring like coloured themes and folders. Or, use Google Now Launcher and keep it the same always. The lack of customisation in iOS is no benefit just because you get tired of not being able to keep the same look in Nova or switching to Google Now Launcher.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
This isn't a good thing about iOS, that's a lack of customisation and that's it. If you set up a plainer look on Nova it will fit any phone and won't get boring like coloured themes and folders. Or, use Google Now Launcher and keep it the same always. The lack of customisation in iOS is no benefit just because you get tired of not being able to keep the same look in Nova or switching to Google Now Launcher.
You know what they say about opinions, right??

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Yep. But less isn't more.

The stock samsung launcher dosen't compare to nova indeed but it's still offers way more in terms of customization compared to Ios, i for one only use nova when i really start to hate the stock launcher. I've owned my s8+ for about a month now and i use the samsung experience one myself suits my needs pretty well as i don't need all those gestures and the themes options fit my needs perfectly. Basically it's like Op said it's all about opinions, some might like launchers that are more like windows phone or even Ios and that's the beauty of android you can make it your own.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
So if you weren't looking for other opinions on the matter, what was the point of your post? Just to keep us informed? Are you only interested in hearing from those that agree with you?
Who said I wasn't looking for other opinions?? I just pointed out that opinions are like a-holes. Everyone has one and most of them stink. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Who said I wasn't looking for other opinions?? I just pointed out that opinions are like a-holes. Everyone has one and most of them stink. ????????????????????????

Just because someone dosen't have the same opinion dosen't mean it stinks it's all personall preference,most of the time (at least from what i've seen lately) most people just express their "opinion" in a bad manner there's a way to express yourself without ahem ****ting on someone's opinions.
At the end of the day like a mod would tell ya if ya don't like it nothing forces you to answer/write something here you're free to move along to something else that might interest ya just like android as a whole , if ya don't like the stock launcher install nova or any other one from the playstore as that's the beauty behind android.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Just because someone dosen't have the same opinion dosen't mean it stinks it's all personall preference,most of the time (at least from what i've seen lately) most people just express their "opinion" in a bad manner there's a way to express yourself without ahem ****ting on someone's opinions.
At the end of the day like a mod would tell ya if ya don't like it nothing forces you to answer/write something here you're free to move along to something else that might interest ya just like android as a whole , if ya don't like the stock launcher install nova or any other one from the playstore as that's the beauty behind android.
😂😂😂😂😂

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I think a few responders to this thread completely missed my point. I realize that Nova Prime offers much more in the way of customization options than the Samsung launcher. My point is that I find the Android experience to be much better when you just set it up stock and leave it. Constantly tinkering with your phone in a never ending quest for perfection gets old and actually hurts the overall experience, at least for me.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Everyone has a different perspective on that. For me Android was built for tinkering. Otherwise I'd just get an iPhone.

For me it's not a quest for perfection, but rather having the ability to restructure the look and feel of my phone to suit my mood.

It brings out my creative side and makes the experience so much more than just a phone.

That said, the stock Touchwiz launcher is very good this time out, and I could see using it exclusively with no issues.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have Nova sitting on the sidelines right now, I am still using TouchWiz. I have not felt the need or desire to use Nova since I acquired my phone 2 weeks ago.

I am sure I will use Nova eventually, as I got all kinds of icon packs and goodies that I haven't played with yet, but they aren't going anywhere and they will all still be there when I am ready.

Samsung has done a really nice job with TouchWiz as of lateツ