Anyone going naked?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
So I am sure this has been discussed but I cannot figure out how to search for it on Tapatalk. I am curious if anyone is using their S8/S8+ naked (the phone...not you lol). If so, how's it holding up? I am personally using a UAG Pathfinder and a Bodyguards tempered glass.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I want to but the fingerprints would bother me and also I wouldn't want to drop it and have it get messed up :(.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I went naked for about a week when I got it. I never had cases on any of my phones until the S7 Edge. I dropped it once on pavement and scratched the FPS a bit so I decided to start rocking a slim case. Now I always get a very slim clear case. I rock it naked around the house here and there but I like the slim case. Helps locate the FPS and provides a bit of protection without being bulky and taking away from the feel of the phone.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't usually drop my phone so i go no screen protector and a slim gel case. about 2 months later and nothing yet.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I hate the all glass construction, no way I will run this phone without a case as I have seen people break their phone even WITH A CASE. In the past I refused to slap a case on a phone.

CrudeOne

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I use an Otterbox Defender primarily but I also have a clear Otterbox Symmetry.

If you rock this phone without protection eventually its going to get scratches. You're likely to get spider web cracking on the back of the device as well if it's dropped on a hard surface. Probably wouldn't bother some people but it bothers me. I also have one of those Zagg invisible shield screen protectors.

They make these things to be pretty yet also practical for their hardware quirks like wireless charging for instance; however, the phone isn't durable enough for daily use without protection unless you are extra careful with it.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Naked at home and work (office environment). Spigen Rugged Armor everywhere else. I have dbrand skin on the back as I hate back fingerprints. No screen protector.

I wish I can go naked all the time but my phone will not last much with no case when I'm out and about.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have several cases including the rhinoshield bumper, which is about as minimal as you can get. Usually I'll rock a thin i-blaison case, clear, or spigen. I also have the otterbox symmetry clear and black, but I do not use a screen protector at all. Really wish I could go naked but that's just not a wise thing to do, nor with this slippery, fragile phone.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Around the house...yup, but as soon as I get up from where I'm sitting or laying, i slide on the slim case; don't want to take any chances.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I alternate between my Defender, Unicorn Supcazs, and Caseology clear case w/black protective bumper. Haven't cracked a phone in years, but have dropped this one and previous phones a few times, all with a case on thankfully. This has no damage at all jist. A few very small scratches onscreen, not noticeable. I don't like the screen protectors so the screens always naked

riccowboy2014

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I have Dbrand carbon fiber skin on the back. 2 days now. I put the gadget guard black ice liquid edition on the entire phone. I place the phone in a Sena sleeve to keep it in my front pants pocket. So that's as naked as I get.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
The S8+ is just too expensive to go naked. I also feel that it is slippery and if I dropped and broke my $900 phone because it was naked I would kill myself.

I am wrestling with the idea of putting this baby in an OtterBox. I don't like the bulk but the protection is key for me

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I use an Otterbox Defender primarily but I also have a clear Otterbox Symmetry.

If you rock this phone without protection eventually its going to get scratches. You're likely to get spider web cracking on the back of the device as well if it's dropped on a hard surface. Probably wouldn't bother some people but it bothers me. I also have one of those Zagg invisible shield screen protectors.

They make these things to be pretty yet also practical for their hardware quirks like wireless charging for instance; however, the phone isn't durable enough for daily use without protection unless you are extra careful with it.

Does the wireless charging work through a Otter Box Defender?

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Samsung Alcantara case, which I absolutely love. The cutout for the Touch ID makes it near impossible to hit the camera by mistake. That's a big bonus.

Naked it's just too darned slippery. And the fingerprints... yikes!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I do. Here's why I don't use a case.

dbe7835df4d292387b93bb8eb6c38299.jpg

fdfba135a27d0bd9413eca7b2229b958.jpg

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I sometimes go naked at home (the phone, not me). Even then I usually restrict this to times when I'm sitting in one place. Even here there are ways to drop your phone and cause cosmetic damage, so I'd say it's very rare when my phone goes unprotected.

Of course the downside is that I have yet to find a case-friendly tempered glass screen protector that works well. I've tried three different models, and after burning through a total of $25, every one I found had that nasty glue on the sides that (non-permanently) ruins the display on the sides. Oh well...

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I alternate between my Defender, Unicorn Supcazs, and Caseology clear case w/black protective bumper. Haven't cracked a phone in years, but have dropped this one and previous phones a few times, all with a case on thankfully. This has no damage at all jist. A few very small scratches onscreen, not noticeable. I don't like the screen protectors so the screens always naked

How is the Supcase? I have the hybrid but I'm tempted with the full protection version.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I sometimes go naked at home (the phone, not me). Even then I usually restrict this to times when I'm sitting in one place. Even here there are ways to drop your phone and cause cosmetic damage, so I'd say it's very rare when my phone goes unprotected.

Of course the downside is that I have yet to find a case-friendly tempered glass screen protector that works well. I've tried three different models, and after burning through a total of $25, every one I found had that nasty glue on the sides that (non-permanently) ruins the display on the sides. Oh well...
You should try the liauid skin by skinomi. It's not tempered glass but it gives it full screen coverage. I assume it will protect it from a drop in terms of preserving the screen from cracking as well. I've been using skinomi skins for a long time and I've never had a screen to crack on me before even after drops. I get mine off Amazon and they aren't expensive. Not prone to fingerprints either. Very clear and works well. I looked into a tempered glass but I've yet to read one good review on one. So I go the liquid skin route.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae