CNN article.. Your thoughts?

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I get some of what he says, but not all. For instance, the update to 7.1.1 on my Pixel Xl screwed the battery life. It was quite good before, but ever since that update, it's pretty bad. I can't speak to the S7 camera speed, but the camera itself on the Note 7 was far better than the Pixel especially with low light video. There's no perfect phone. I am glad he has a choice that he is happier about, and obviously I have no idea what the S8 or the Note 8 (which I am waiting for) will be like after a year of use, but I don't like vanilla android. I love the swipe to take a screenshot, for instance. I have a third party app on the Pixel that does that, much less
efficiently. There are tradeoffs. Each person will have their own list of what they are willing to trade for what on their next phone. But it was an interesting article.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll touch base on the software update to nougat. Software updates usually seem to cause problems, battery life goes down, glitches are there now, and so on.

As I've said before, I don't think it's just by chance Samsung updates phones just before the next version phone is released. Anyone notice how the complaints of phone not working now, I want to go back, battery life sucks, and so on since nougat was released. It's this way everytime, can't wait for the new software, what's taking so long, then it gets here and the complaints start pouring in.

So this guy has a point, but instead of wanting faster updates maybe push for the capability to revert to previous software, Or maybe don't force the update. But a perfectly good working phone don't sell new phones.

As far as battery life and speed of phone goes, that's nature of the beast. Batteries wear out, probably the number one reason there should removable batteries. Speed also slows down after time... A FDR usually takes care of the speed issue, but who wants to do FDR all the time.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
A new OS does for some mean FDR. with desktops it made for better experience. Few issues if any.

Wasn't there suppose to be dual firmware and system partitions? Even my router has dual firmware, great for testing or different configurations.

For premium high-end $800 phones.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
some of that has been true to my experience with Samsung, certainly the battery life and slowing down.

however based on number 3, sounds like he didn't want a Samsung phone in the first place. If you aren't using ANY of the Samsung apps, what's the point really. Some are bloat, sure.. but c'mon. Samsung web browser is great, email client is fine, Samsung calendar is the best in the business imo, Samsung app store can have good stuff like themes, definitely love the Samsung gallery app, memo app is solid, and Always on Display is great

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I think they should get rid of all the apps (bloatware) and give each person the option to download what they want/need from the app store. As for battery life I get about 4 - 4 1/2 hrs OST which is something I can live with but to each their own.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
some of that has been true to my experience with Samsung, certainly the battery life and slowing down.

however based on number 3, sounds like he didn't want a Samsung phone in the first place. If you aren't using ANY of the Samsung apps, what's the point really. Some are bloat, sure.. but c'mon. Samsung web browser is great, email client is fine, Samsung calendar is the best in the business imo, Samsung app store can have good stuff like themes, definitely love the Samsung gallery app, memo app is solid, and Always on Display is great

What is samsung email client?