Are you going to get the S8?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Probably... my wife is still on the original T-Mobile JUMP program, and her count resets shortly after the launch.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I only have two criteria it has to meet.

1) Micro SD. Card slot.
2) doesn't blow up

Posted via Android Central App

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I've been waiting all year for it, refusing lesser, overhyped fall flagships. Unless they totally screw it up or HTC trumps them, I'll likely finally use my next jump for it.

Last edited:

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I have a bad habit of flipping phones way too often so knowing me I'll seriously consider getting the S8.

I've only have had my V20 about a month or so and honestly it's been a wonderful experience but bad habits are difficult to break ahem ahem????

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Im probably going to buy the unlocked v20 and wait until the Note 8 comes out. The s7 edge is great but the edges are too extreme and it's slightly smaller than I like.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If the rumors are correct, No. Want the 3.5 jack and sd slot. Not concerned for no 4K display, since going to a non pentile pixel array design should mean very good VR image quality with 1440p. 4K chokes on a computer with VR, yet alone a small footprint phone. 10nm is still not enough to keep heat down.

Anyhoo, IF the S8 has the 3.5 jack and sd slot- probably would get it.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If the rumors are correct, No. Want the 3.5 jack and sd slot. Not concerned for no 4K display, since going to a non pentile pixel array design should mean very good VR image quality with 1440p. 4K chokes on a computer with VR, yet alone a small footprint phone. 10nm is still not enough to keep heat down.

Anyhoo, IF the S8 has the 3.5 jack and sd slot- probably would get it.

WHY would you get rid of the SD slot again? Cost reasons? It makes no sense to get rid of it. How does it make the phone better?

I very likely will stick with the V20 until the Note 8 comes out. I like the larger screen anyway and the flat screen as well. Unless the S8 edge has a larger screen than the S7 Edge I have no interest in it and if I do I certainly will wait at least 2 months before buying it to see if it turns out to be a dud or not. I'm not going through another Note 7 nightmare again.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
If it looks like Note 7 (not S7E) externally, no physical home button and at least 5.5 screen, most likely I will get it.

thunderbomb

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I have an s7 edge now but if the 8 has curved glass like I've read it's going to. BTW there is rumor for a two size screen choice. 5.7" and 6.2". I would opt for the 5.7 but will not stay with Samsung if the rumor of curved glass only models is true.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I am going to wait and see what the phone actually looks like and decide from there. I am not eligible to upgrade until may so that will give me enough time to make sure it doesn't explode and also see if I want to upgrade to it from my S7 Edge or wait for the 2nd generation pixel to come out later in the year. I love the idea of the google pixel with immediate software updates, how smooth it works, and the amazing camera. I just wouldn't want to get the current pixel in may when a new one would be out a few months later most likely. But at the same time I actually do like the edge display on the samsung. So it's really going to be a wait and see kind of thing for me.

One thing that could sway me to the S8 is if they decide to do a promo where if you buy the phone you can get a Gear S3 for $100 or something because then I can also upgrade my gear S2 classic.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Have really liked the S series since they started, in my case have gone the every other model and have been on the odd numbers, so while the S8 will probably be a great device, I will end up waiting until the S9 in 2018.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Could be. Depends on which OEM produces the best all-around Nexus 6 replacement. Samsung can certainly top the N6 display and camera without half trying; the speakers and software experience could be the only sticking points, especially if they're hyperkeen on minimizing front bezels. Still, I'm liking the recent spate of rumor mongering about 2017 phones sporting > 5.7" displays.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I will not get one for myself, but I will get one for my wife to replace her S7 edge. She is on the Sprint Galaxy forever plan. I'll keep my V20 until the next Note arrives.

starsofthelid

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Have really liked the S series since they started, in my case have gone the every other model and have been on the odd numbers, so while the S8 will probably be a great device, I will end up waiting until the S9 in 2018.

Same here, and the odd numbers have been much better phones than the evens, IMO

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol