So article has rumored price for S8 at $700-750, $850 for S8 Plus

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Saw something today about the S8 being $950 and the plus being $1050.

Ridiculous.

LMAO, no way I'm paying MORE than a Note 7 for a standard S8 even. Samsung always seems to shoot themselves in the foot with something each phone they release like taking SD away one year, bad battery life, Note 7 debacle etc. With the battery issue and $1000 for base model phone when you factor in taxes I just can't see how this phone will sell like hotcakes. Apple will eat them up this fall then if their iPhone 8 is cheaper by $100 bucks. If the OnePlus, and huawei gets to be popular in the US markets with similar phones with similar specs for a lot cheaper Samsung will have big problems!

For the S8 plus it would be over $1100 with taxes then factor in the cases too and nearing $1200 for a freaking PHONE. With that money I could buy a top tier laptop, iPhone 8 likely which is rumored to have a excellent screen, or I could use that kind of cash towards another AR15 or 1911 which don't go out of style after a year.

That kind of price I'd almost worry about having someone try and rob you for the s8 Plus.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry guys this is a sales tactics. It gives them a huge amount of headroom to have "sales" specials. The cost to produce the phone is probably around $300. They pay for marketing and manufacturing about $200? Then sell the phone for $850 that's $350 profit each. Of course there will be sales specials and deals that will lower the price over the course of the year (for example, black Friday when they usually work on a very small margin but high sales number).

https://www.techwalls.com/production-costs-of-smartphones/

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Just imagine the Note 8 price then... $1150?!

I honestly won't pay that much full retail for a phone... especially an Android phone. It just doesn't hold value to me. It may be pushing it for me even getting it through my company account through corp contract pricing. Last year through corp, a Note 7 was going to run me $399 ($299 for the S7 Edge and $199 for the S7). It will be interesting to see the corporate pricing when official release because I could be looking at $399 for an S8, $499 for a Plus and the Note 8 should be around $599?!!!

I don't think it will come to fruition but at these prices I would love if they surprised us with S-Pen accessory/functionality on the S8/S8+... because the Note 8 is sounding it's gonna be more than I care to spend regardless at full retail or corp pricing.

LMAO, no way I'm paying MORE than a Note 7 for a standard S8 even.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Just imagine the Note 8 price then... $1150?!

I honestly won't pay that much full retail for a phone... especially an Android phone. It just doesn't hold value to me. It may be pushing it for me even getting it through my company account through corp contract pricing. Last year through corp, a Note 7 was going to run me $399 ($299 for the S7 Edge and $199 for the S7). It will be interesting to see the corporate pricing when official release because I could be looking at $399 for an S8, $499 for a Plus and the Note 8 should be around $599?!!!

I don't think it will come to fruition but at these prices I would love if they surprised us with S-Pen accessory/functionality on the S8/S8+... because the Note 8 is sounding it's gonna be more than I care to spend regardless at full retail or corp pricing.

A lot of time these price rumors are inaccurate, at least for North America. Usually they're cheaper. I remember the Note 7 rumors at first were like $950 or something. I can see the S8 Plus being $850 possibly though. Even then with the Note 7 debacle that is too high IMO after the brand image took a hit.

BOB_AFOS

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading recent rumors of the S8 starting at $1000 US, which is crazy high IMO. If that rumor is true, I'll definitely not be upgrading to the S8.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
So this is my official guess for the pricing of Samsung's latest flagship devices. I really don't think they will have the reported price of over $900 USD, those 'rumours' i feel is just just 'click bait' to increase page views. If Samsung keep it below $700 and have the awesome new design. I think they will sell really well :)

$699 for the S8
$799 for the S8+ (Plus)
$849 for the Note 8

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So this is my official guess for the pricing of Samsung's latest flagship devices. I really don't think they will have the reported price of over $900 USD, those 'rumours' i feel is just just 'click bait' to increase page views. If Samsung keep it below $700 and have the awesome new design. I think they will sell really well :)

$699 for the S8
$799 for the S8+ (Plus)
$849 for the Note 8

Sounds about right but I would think the Note 8 would be more, however with the debacle last year and the stigma with Samsung, raising prices IMO is not a good idea when you're trying to win people over. The Note is a niche device so they can get away with the high price to an extent, the S8 line though pricing it at niche pricing is a bad thing IMO especially when many of those buyers might be regular smartphone users, and not power users. They might opt for another brand then that is a bit cheaper.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Except the consumers didn't go anywhere.

Will be interesting what the G6 looks like. From the early looks it might be a heavy hitter this time finally. I personally would go with Samsung again as that is what I use right now but from the looks of it I might give it a serious look if the S8 is way overpriced or specs not up there.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Will be interesting what the G6 looks like. From the early looks it might be a heavy hitter this time finally. I personally would go with Samsung again as that is what I use right now but from the looks of it I might give it a serious look if the S8 is way overpriced or specs not up there.

I'm considering the S8, G6, 3T and P10 as my next device.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Come on Samsung, do you want to drive away more supporters after the Note 7 saga

Because that is the way to drive away your remaining supporters.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
After the Note debacle, Samsung may very well want to keep prices down to get consumers to come back.
Yea..I dont see that many Note 7 owners after going through two recalls for phone meltdowns, paying 4 digits on the next note or S8 variants. I dont think I would

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yea..I dont see that many Note 7 owners after going through two recalls for phone meltdowns, paying 4 digits on the next note or S8 variants. I dont think I would
They wouldn't even give the phones back even though they knew there was a possibility that the phone could catch fire. I think they'll pay it with no problem. I sent mine back, but the recall doesn't affect my future purchasing decisions.