Rumored S8 dimensions

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
https://www.sammobile.com/2017/01/1...-galaxy-s8-and-galaxy-s8-plus-surface-online/

If the S8 Plus dimensions are true, I'll go with the "smaller" S8. It's ridiculous how big these phones are getting IMO. Hate to think what the Note 8 dimensions will be.
I don't know why anyone would want a phone with a display under 5.5" unless they use their phone only for calling people.

I'm more concerned with the supposed lack of capacitive buttons. I have no interest in on-screen buttons that take up screen real estate.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
One example is when not using the phone for productivity, I like to run 20+ miles a week and do events/marathons or I go to the gym a few times a week or I bike and the last thing I want to do is carry a phablet. iPhone 4 or 5 size is too small for me. 5.1 to 5.5" is my sweet spot. Have you seen those people with iPhone 6 Plus' on an armband??

I want to have a phone with me at all times but not be so cumbersome to have with me. I use to find the iPhone 6 too small but for those purposes it's perfect.

The rumored S8 dimension is now the S7 Edge dimension. If true then I can probably live with it but I don't want to go bigger.

I don't know why anyone would want a phone with a display under 5.5" unless they use their phone only for calling people.

I'm more concerned with the supposed lack of capacitive buttons. I have no interest in on-screen buttons that take up screen real estate.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Some people prefer the smaller phones, others the larger. Depends on your phone use type, preference, etc. I think the S7Edge feels a bit too small for me. The Note 7 was great. Also loved the V20 size as well.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
That's why offering two phones in different dimensions makes sense... but I feel the two phones are closer to the phablet cat than one smaller size and one phablet.

Some people prefer the smaller phones, others the larger. Depends on your phone use type, preference, etc. I think the S7Edge feels a bit too small for me. The Note 7 was great. Also loved the V20 size as well.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
One example is when not using the phone for productivity, I like to run 20+ miles a week and do events/marathons or I go to the gym a few times a week or I bike and the last thing I want to do is carry a phablet. iPhone 4 or 5 size is too small for me. 5.1 to 5.5" is my sweet spot. Have you seen those people with iPhone 6 Plus' on an armband??

I want to have a phone with me at all times but not be so cumbersome to have with me. I use to find the iPhone 6 too small but for those purposes it's perfect.

The rumored S8 dimension is now the S7 Edge dimension. If true then I can probably live with it but I don't want to go bigger.

The iPhone 6S is quite a bit larger than any Samsung phone. I have no issues with the size of my 5.7" Note 5.

Here are the dimensions for the 5.5" iPhone 6S Plus.
158.2 x 77.9 x 7.30

Here are the rumored dimensions of the 5.7"
Galaxy S8.
140.14 x 72.20 x 7.30

That is much smaller than the iPhone 6S Plus.I don't really see the problem with putting the phone in a pocket or in an armband.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I am going to assume in your first sentence you meant to say the iPhone 6S PLUS is quite a bit larger than any Samsung phone... which I pretty much agree. But I don't want an iPhone 6 Plus sized phone... I really dislike the 6S Plus dimensions.

That's why I was ok with the Note 7 being a size at my very limit of preference. I am more ok with the 7 Edge and S7 because I also feel the regular 6S a bit too small and wish they went up to S7 size...

I am ok with S8 rumored dimensions... I will have to be since it will now be their smallest S phone... but they are getting bigger and bigger every year to the point if they don't stop they will size themselves out of the market for people like me.

I wanted a Note 7 but they messed it up and can't get one. If the trend of the Notes being larger than the S Edge phones then that thing will just be too gianormous for me.

With your dimensions listed above, please compare Plus to Plus... the S8 Plus will now be wider than the iPhone 6S Plus (shorter but little thicker). No thank you then. Again, imagine if the Note does follow trend and is bigger than the S8 Plus... Too wide for my preference.

The iPhone 6S is quite a bit larger than any Samsung phone. I have no issues with the size of my 5.7" Note 5.

Here are the dimensions for the 5.5" iPhone 6S Plus.
158.2 x 77.9 x 7.30

Here are the rumored dimensions of the 5.7"
Galaxy S8.
140.14 x 72.20 x 7.30

That is much smaller than the iPhone 6S Plus.I don't really see the problem with putting the phone in a pocket or in an armband.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Actually, the Note 5 and V20 are perfect sizes I think. I'd love for the S8 to be a flat screen and be like the Note 5 design but looks like some form of the curve will stay :(

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Actually, the Note 5 and V20 are perfect sizes I think. I'd love for the S8 to be a flat screen and be like the Note 5 design but looks like some form of the curve will stay :(

I would really like to have a flat screen S8. Don't think it will happen but that would be my preference anyway.