S8 Release Date & Price LEAKED By Tipster

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Samsung will have the Galaxy S8 ready for MWC, behind closed doors, but it will launch publicly at the end of March

According to the latest blurb, the Samsung Galaxy S8 will hit the shelves a month after its expected announcement, which is currently rumoured to be around the end of March.

Twitter tipster @ricciolo1, who has been accurate in the past, states that the Galaxy S8 will be "ready" for MWC at the end of February/beginning of March, but will not be "showcased to big public," in other words it will probably be revealed behind closed doors, likely to Samsung partners and carrier networks ahead of the full launch.

Ricciolo goes on to say that a "little bird" told him March 29 is the day to watch for an official public launch, but it will be available "w17" which we take to mean week 17 of the year, ie: the last week of April.

He also adds that it will be priced "from 849", which is belived to be €849. Of course that would be the regular 5.7in Galaxy S8 and the base model with lowest level of storage; you can expect the higher storage models (if there are any) to cost more, and for the Galaxy S8 Plus with a 6.2in display to be more expensive still, by as much as €100 if past launches are any measure.

All of which means the Galaxy S8 series will be more expensive than its predecessors AND more expensive than the current iPhone.

But this shouldn’t come as a surprise. Handsets are getting more expensive with each generation, and while players like OnePlus are doing their best to drive down prices of handsets – handsets with VERY impressive specs and hardware – this just isn’t the business model used by the likes of Samsung, Apple and Google.

They have HUGE marketing bills, spending billions a year promoting phones, so they need to ensure they recoup a solid ROI – and a lot of that comes through hardware sales. And the pricier a phone is, the bigger the profit margin for Samsung.

Also: the Galaxy Note 7 cost Samsung a lot of potential profit and revenue in 2016. Getting that lost money back will be a struggle, though coming out guns blazing with an impressive Galaxy S8 series of handsets in Q1 2017 should go a long way to bridging the gap.

The Note 8 will follow later on in the year, and word on the street suggests Samsung is prepping its first foldable phone for release sometime in Q3 – right around the time Apple announces its new iPhone – and that, if rumours are to be believed, will be one hell of an impressive handset.

"#S8 is READY & will be present to mwc,though NOT showcased to big public.. Little bird told me 3/29 , available w17, from 849 !!! #galaxyS8." - @riccilo1.

For a while it was thought the Galaxy S8 would launch some time in the middle of April with an arrival in stores in May at the latest. This was following the original rumours that the Galaxy S8 would be announced at MWC, but allegedly Samsung put the launch back in order to allow further testing, in light of the Galaxy Note 7 "explosiongate" fiasco, it's understood Samsung is being extra cautious at getting everything locked down nice and tight before releasing to the public.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I figured since i posted the whole article for those who can't click needs i did not need to post it but noted.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
These phones don't cost much more to produce.
If they keep going up and up on prices. We need to quit buying them till they can reduce the prices.

If it cost so much to advertise.
Stop so much advertising.

If they produce a solid phone that their customers wants.
The customers will advertise for them.
That will save them money.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
These phones don't cost much more to produce.
If they keep going up and up on prices. We need to quit buying them till they can reduce the prices.

If it cost so much to advertise.
Stop so much advertising.

If they produce a solid phone that their customers wants.
The customers will advertise for them.
That will save them money.

People aren't going to stop buying Samsung devices though. Like Apple, Samsung considers their flagships to be top of the line, and will charge as such.

Yes, it's a lot. But their are so many choices out there if you're on a budget. Great choices

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't think nothing has been leaked.

People at Samsung would be let go.

People every year, start guessing.

I thought this year was the year of the X series phones.
People are guessing and not thinking about the x series.
This year is suppose to be one of the biggest changes coming to Smart phones.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I never understand why android companies delay a month between announcing a phone and making it available for sale. It's one of the few things that Apple does well. You can usually order the phone within a week of it being announced.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I never understand why android companies delay a month between announcing a phone and making it available for sale. It's one of the few things that Apple does well. You can usually order the phone within a week of it being announced.

That is kind of a mixed bag as Apple likes their midnight pre-order program. Which if you are on the wrong coast in the US means you are ordering at 3 am. As well there were people that ordered day one with the iP7 series not scheduled to get their devices for 30-60 days.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
That is kind of a mixed bag as Apple likes their midnight pre-order program. Which if you are on the wrong coast in the US means you are ordering at 3 am. As well there were people that ordered day one with the iP7 series not scheduled to get their devices for 30-60 days.

I hate preording.

Why not just make a few million phones.

And they are 1st come 1st serve.

If you can make enough phones for preorder.
Why can't you make enough phones to walk in the store and buy them.
They have had months for this phone. The technology has been out there.
Git up and made decisions. We just get a little bit of what they want to release each year.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
But at least with Apple you are able to have the phone only shortly after they are announced. Not the case with us Android folks