Pre-ordering S8 Plus Online with Verizon

WylenNeil

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone! I am so excited about the upcoming S8 Plus, and can't wait to get it! I do have a question though. When I got the S7 Edge last year, I waited for the phones to be available in the Verizon stores, and ultimately, I was unable to get Silver, the color I preferred. This year, i am planning on pre-ordering the S8 Plus on line thought Verizon's website. I have never done this before and I am a little nervous. Do I also select a plan at the time of pre-ordering (my contract is up)? Is setting up the new phone difficult?

Any help to calm my nerves would be appreciated. I'm in my early 50's and technology doesn't come easy to me. Thanks!!!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Setting it up is literally this easy:

1) Turn the phone on, sign in with your WiFi credentials, sign in with your Google account, follow on screen directions.

2) Typically the SIM card will come inside the phone already with Verizon, but if it does not or if you're the one from your S7 Edge, then you'll use the SIM tool that comes in the S8 box to open the SIM tray on both phones and then take the SIM card from the S7 Edge and put it in the S8, then slide the tray back in. The card only fits in the tray 1 way and the tray only fits in the phone 1 way.

If you need any help at all, we can help here and you can also pop into a Verizon store (or a Best Buy) and they can easily set it up with you. But you'll be fine. If I can figure this out, you can do it easily.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
It really is very easy, i moved last year from Apple to the note 7 (my first Android), i pre-ordered from Verizon and the process was very easy.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
53, did it last year (1st time) for the 7e. Got it very quickly. Set up couldn't be easier and I was coming over from a BlackBerry Z30.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone! I am so excited about the upcoming S8 Plus, and can't wait to get it! I do have a question though. When I got the S7 Edge last year, I waited for the phones to be available in the Verizon stores, and ultimately, I was unable to get Silver, the color I preferred. This year, i am planning on pre-ordering the S8 Plus on line thought Verizon's website. I have never done this before and I am a little nervous. Do I also select a plan at the time of pre-ordering (my contract is up)? Is setting up the new phone difficult?

Any help to calm my nerves would be appreciated. I'm in my early 50's and technology doesn't come easy to me. Thanks!!!

Well I'm not planning to get the S8 for a multitude of reasons. A couple being that it won't support hifi and have dolby atmos. And it also won't have a full frontal screen. Finally, after the fiasco I went through with my S7 EDGE bought from Verizon, I'll never buy from a carrier again. Less than a month after I got my edge that I bought outright, it wouldn't keep a data connection. Verizon support tried everything, a new sim, 2 factory data resets and more. Finally they deemed it garbage. So they offer me a refurbished.? Are you kidding? I explained that it was under a 1year samsung warranty and that they have to swap it out and return the broken phone for credit. They refused. So I called samsung and explained the situation. I sent in my phone, and they sent out another brand new one. I should not have to do verizons job.

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I also went into the store on the day they came out...the s 7, 6 & 5. For those who pre ordered, did you get it before the release date or on the release date?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Like I stated in the other thread, Samsung's clamping down on the early shipments lately. They will send you a tracking number a week or two ahead of time, but will only pick up the shipment that Monday or Tuesday before the Friday street date. So, typically, don't expect to receive it more than a day earlier than the stores.

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm not planning to get the S8 for a multitude of reasons. A couple being that it won't support hifi and have dolby atmos. And it also won't have a full frontal screen. Finally, after the fiasco I went through with my S7 EDGE bought from Verizon, I'll never buy from a carrier again. Less than a month after I got my edge that I bought outright, it wouldn't keep a data connection. Verizon support tried everything, a new sim, 2 factory data resets and more. Finally they deemed it garbage. So they offer me a refurbished.? Are you kidding? I explained that it was under a 1year samsung warranty and that they have to swap it out and return the broken phone for credit. They refused. So I called samsung and explained the situation. I sent in my phone, and they sent out another brand new one. I should not have to do verizons job.

Wow, that sounds like AT&T "customer service." "Geee, we'd really like to help you, buuuuuut....we can't" I just moved over to Verizon and so far, so good. I mean, they keep telling me how much they love me and want me to be happy. That's true, right? Right?

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that sounds like AT&T "customer service." "Geee, we'd really like to help you, buuuuuut....we can't" I just moved over to Verizon and so far, so good. I mean, they keep telling me how much they love me and want me to be happy. That's true, right? Right?
Hell nah lol i had them for 5 years and they have bad customer service. Almost as bad as sprint.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I also went into the store on the day they came out...the s 7, 6 & 5. For those who pre ordered, did you get it before the release date or on the release date?
A lot of times if you pay for overnight shipping you get it a day early, but it's hit and miss. I usually just do the free 2 day shipping and you get it on release day.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
How does pre-ordering with att work? I Do you have to do this on line or will the store pre-order it for you? What is the advantage of pre-ordering?
Do you actually get phone before stores?
When will stores show promotions for and what if any thing we can get when purchasing phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How does pre-ordering with att work? I Do you have to do this on line or will the store pre-order it for you? What is the advantage of pre-ordering?
Do you actually get phone before stores?
When will stores show promotions for and what if any thing we can get when purchasing phone.

Usually you get the phone on release date to your house and you can take advantage of promos that are sometimes offered only during the pre-order. You can usually just do it on online with ease.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Usually you get the phone on release date to your house and you can take advantage of promos that are sometimes offered only during the pre-order. You can usually just do it on online with ease.
Thanks, do they usually start pre-order the day they are announced?
If it's pre-ordered from att and God forbid the same thing that happened with note 7, happens or for some reason wanted/need to get refund, would store give refunds or have to also do that on line?

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, do they usually start pre-order the day they are announced?
If it's pre-ordered from att and God forbid the same thing that happened with note 7, thankfully happens or for some reason wanted/need to get refund, would store give refunds or have to also do that on line?
No preorders are before launch. Such as right now you can buy the G6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC