Ordering phone from Samsung directly

Cloud84

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I want to get the unlocked version of the S8 when it's available to avoid all of Verizon's bloatware. Is there usually an unlocked version of the phone available for preorder through Samsung? When preordering directly though Samsung, have you guys received the phone on launch date?

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
i would like to do this as well, but i think it is usually a while before there is an unlocked version available. also think you would miss out on any of the swag offered for the preorder.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Generally US unlocked versions models ending with "U" are released after few months in the US. That's how they did for last 2 flagships. But you can get the imported unlocked exynos version (models ending with F) on day one. Hard luck if you are on Verizon or Sprint since they won't have CDMA radios, for that you got to wait for Samsung to release the official unlocked model in the US. (Model ending with U)

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's usually months, and you'll end up getting updates even later. Also, I think it didn't do wifi calling on Verizon this past time. Look into all of that before grabbing the unlocked version. I think most people are pissed off that have the device due to the update situation