Will we see QC and Qi?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
QC is a definite. I believe there will be Qi too. I think the design is pretty similar to the S7 so I don't see them taking it out. As long as the back is still glass, it should be there.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
What does the glass have to do with it? My Droid Turbo 2 has a rubberized back and still has wireless charging. I hate the glass backs as they kind of force you to get a case. I loved the soft touch back on my T2

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I love these features in my S7 Edge. Think the s8 and s8+ will have them?

While nothing is a definite until Samsung officially announces it. I think if you are going to charge $699 or higher for your device. I think there has to be some staples in there like QI or / PMA charging and Quick Charge 3.0 minimum. Hopefully QC 4.0 :) There was a leaked spec sheet of the Galaxy S8 + and it did say Wireless Charging specifically. So there is a high chance it going to be there. Im crossing fingers for a big battery.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
While nothing is a definite until Samsung officially announces it. I think if you are going to charge $699 or higher for your device. I think there has to be some staples in there like QI or / PMA charging and Quick Charge 3.0 minimum. Hopefully QC 4.0 :) There was a leaked spec sheet of the Galaxy S8 + and it did say Wireless Charging specifically. So there is a high chance it going to be there. Im crossing fingers for a big battery.

Good luck with those fingers. Phone companies just can't seem to get the idea that we all want huge batteries. Make the phone 1mm thicker and put in a large battery. The phone is useless if its dead.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Good luck with those fingers. Phone companies just can't seem to get the idea that we all want huge batteries. Make the phone 1mm thicker and put in a large battery. The phone is useless if its dead.
If the phone lasts all day, how will they make money on charging accessories?
Unfortunately, most people I know don't even remember to charge their phone at night. So, to those people, quick charging will probably be more useful than a slightly bigger battery.
For some reason, companies don't equate flagship phones with huge batteries. They want to keep them as sleek as possible.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
If the phone lasts all day, how will they make money on charging accessories?
Unfortunately, most people I know don't even remember to charge their phone at night. So, to those people, quick charging will probably be more useful than a slightly bigger battery.
For some reason, companies don't equate flagship phones with huge batteries. They want to keep them as sleek as possible.

One of the reasons that I refused to get anything other than a Droid for years is because they had the largest batteries and a life commensurate with them. Moto even touted their battery life. Moto finally pushed me away with their Moto Mods and Samsung pulled me in with the N7. Sadly they are pushing me away now with the dismal life my S7E gets. A large battery, wireless charging and QC 3 or 4 or whatever they are up to would be ideal. It can still be sleek and svelte. :)