Galaxy S8 or wait for Pixel 2?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I'd buy the One Plus 3T over the Pixel. Seems a much better value for a faster phone. People buying the S8 are usually using one of the Jump programs to get it. Meaning they aren't paying much to get it, and may only keep it for a year at most before upgrading.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As of now nothing is sure... Let's wait till s8 is announced... But still pixel is waste of money... See the amount of bugs it has... I rather pay for Samsung LG or Nokia and get all rounder than pixel than excels is few

I am pretty sure it will still be just as expensive -- going on Samsung's past pricing structure ;).

I agree to disagree on the Pixel. I use my Pixel XL everyday with no real issues. I have two bugs I found but that is because I am on beta -- if I wasn't on beta I wouldn't be seeing them.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't wait on the Pixel2, unless i had an unlimited bank account. The more that the price goes up, the less that people are going to shell out big bucks for an overpriced phone. It's getting to the point where you'll have to decide....Do i have three meals a day, or two meals a day and get a Pixel.:p
I mean, I never eat breakfast anyway lol.

All jokes aside, I think the Pixel 2 is too far away. I would go with the S8.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I was talking about the Pixel2. Just imagine what that bad boy will go for.☺️
I actually don't think the pixel 2 will cost more than the current pixel. I think Google set the pricing to match Apple and like Apple will offer a newer better phone at the same price as last year's phone and then offer last year's model at a discount price.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually don't think the pixel 2 will cost more than the current pixel. I think Google set the pricing to match Apple and like Apple will offer a newer better phone at the same price as last year's phone and then offer last year's model at a discount price.
All rumors point to increased price for the iPhone this year though, right? And I think I read somewhere that Google was going to increase the price of the Pixel as well. I guess we'll see. It probably won't be but a few dollars different per month on device payment plans though.

jasonandrews25788

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
no one has an answer for this , no one knows what the future holds.
so in my opinion 7 months isn't a short period to wait and have the risk,go for S8.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
If I want to be in the latest Android train and get updates regularly, then there is no doubt Pixel will be my choice.

If I want to get a smartphone that is built with great design, best camera features topped up with near bezel-less design, then I would go with the S8.

LuxuryTouringZone

Trusted Member
Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
By the time the Pixel 2 arrives, things like the Note 8 and LG V30 will also be around. If you're a fan of the S series, you're probably better off getting the S8, because it's not like it's going to be vastly inferior to the later phones anyway.

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
You should wait for the iPhone 8/X/10 whatever they call it. For the 10th anniversary Apple is going to do something really special and invent Android OS.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
You should wait for the iPhone 8/X/10 whatever they call it. For the 10th anniversary Apple is going to do something really special and invent Android OS.
Exactly. Time to play catch-up. Wireless charging, waterproof, curved screen and usb-c port. Look out world!
The ONLY thing Apple may be able to hang their hat on is the in screen fingerprint sensor. Oh wait...the Note 8 will be out before the next iPhone.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. Time to play catch-up. Wireless charging, waterproof, curved screen and usb-c port. Look out world!
The ONLY thing Apple may be able to hang their hat on is the in screen fingerprint sensor. Oh wait...the Note 8 will be out before the next iPhone.
I'll be happy if it has USB C. Universal charging for everyone!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been a Samsung guy since the S2. I've upgrade each year to the latest Galaxy and currently have the S7 edge.

The S8 sounds like it's going to be an amazing phone based on the leaks thus far. Do I get it, or wait for the Pixel 2? It's the first time since the S2 I've thought about waiting.

All over Android Central is "The Pixel is the Best Phone" available now. I don't believe much has been leaked about the Pixel 2, but I'd hate to get the S8 and then really want the next Pixel. Upgrading twice a year isn't financially feasible.

Any input?

The problem with Pixel is who is making it?

furiousyellow

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
If there was more information on what's upcoming for the Pixel 2, I'd wait. I prefer Samsung hardware but prefer Google's apps and have pretty much disabled all the Samsung apps that can be replaced by Google versions on my Note 4. I'm planning on going with a smaller phone this time and the regular Pixel's battery life and small storage is a concern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol