Looks like the S8, 8 Plus will have S7 Edge like curves

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I clicked on the link and don't see how someone can deduce that these edges are more pronounced. I see a picture of a phone in a bulky case. Am I seeing the wrong picture?
With all of the leaks the past few weeks, you are going to use this picture from a case manufacturer as proof of S7E like edges?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I clicked on the link and don't see how someone can deduce that these edges are more pronounced. I see a picture of a phone in a bulky case. Am I seeing the wrong picture?
With all of the leaks the past few weeks, you are going to use this picture from a case manufacturer as proof of S7E like edges?

Good point. Because every leak I've seen shows tighter edges, and a completely flush design.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
One of the factors that caused me to pass on the S7E was the price differential didn't justify the curved display. Now, he that it's standard, the dilemma is whether there will be a larger internal storage version of the S8.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
One of the factors that caused me to pass on the S7E was the price differential didn't justify the curved display. Now, he that it's standard, the dilemma is whether there will be a larger internal storage version of the S8.
Is this an issue anymore with 64gb, since they added the SD card expansion back in a year ago as well?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Good point. Because every leak I've seen shows tighter edges, and a completely flush design.
I think those pictures "may" illustrate that the edges will start farther from the sides of the phone and slope less pronounced than the Note7. The Note7 edges were very sharp, but didn't curve down as much as as the S7E. Maybe this is Samsung's definition of their soft edges.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I had hoped the edges would be more like the note 7 rather the S7 edge, anyone know if the note 7 edges caused less distortion with videos? Or if it made for more of the flat part of the screen?

In other words what difference is there between the 2 curved displays?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The edges look nice but it distorts the display a bit which can be annoying. Also, when you're holding it with one hand, your palm will accidentally touch the screen. I started to shy away from Samsung after the S6 & S7 as they were focusing more on aesthetics. So that's why I got the S6 and S7 Active instead which had flat screens and were more durable.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The edges look nice but it distorts the display a bit which can be annoying. Also, when you're holding it with one hand, your palm will accidentally touch the screen. I started to shy away from Samsung after the S6 & S7 as they were focusing more on aesthetics. So that's why I got the S6 and S7 Active instead which had flat screens and were more durable.

What distortion?

Also, hold phones with edges in your palm. No accidental touches.