Are you going to pre-order an S8?

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to go with Nope on preordering it or buying one. After what they have done update wise on carrier versions and then basically the finger to people that purchased even the unlocked model. they are pretty much dead to me. I don't care how advance their tech is as their customer service is atrocious. They have spit in my face long ago now everyone else may be starting to see the same from this company.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to go with Nope on preordering it or buying one. After what they have done update wise on carrier versions and then basically the finger to people that purchased even the unlocked model. they are pretty much dead to me. I don't care how advance their tech is as their customer service is atrocious. They have spit in my face long ago now everyone else may be starting to see the same from this company.

That sucks :( Sorry to hear that

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not buying one at all. Great phone, but I'm not a Sammy fan. Maybe if they introduced something ground breaking and added a HIFI DAC, I would give them a shot. I'm not the average consumer and I'm stuck on the idea of the built in DAC/Amp. Its brought the music I listen to to a whole new level and I can't fathom carrying around a separate amp.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm not buying one at all. Great phone, but I'm not a Sammy fan. Maybe if they introduced something ground breaking and added a HIFI DAC, I would give them a shot. I'm not the average consumer and I'm stuck on the idea of the built in DAC/Amp. Its brought the music I listen to to a whole new level and I can't fathom carrying around a separate amp.

Which new phone this year has a Hi-fi DAC?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm not going to preorder, but might pick one up if I see a ridiculous deal.

Agreed :D

Wouldn't want to Pre-order and then we find out about screens melting, headphone jacks falling out or whatever haha. :) Rather wait a couple weeks and then scour the internet for daily deals and snag one then. Deals and specials are so awesome!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Agreed :D

Wouldn't want to Pre-order and then we find out about screens melting, headphone jacks falling out or whatever haha. :) Rather wait a couple weeks and then scour the internet for daily deals and snag one then. Deals and specials are so awesome!

I'm kinda leaning towards this as well. I'd rather buy it at the Tmobile store in case I have to return the device. I ordered mine hoping I'd get it early and we ended up only getting the Note 7 one day early and with the recall since it wasn't purchased in store, it was a lot more of a pain and everyone on here knows how it took months to get my refund straightened out. So I might wait a few weeks to see if any issues with it. I might have to order it still if no stores have it. I only have one in my county so if they're out of it I have to drive 30 miles for another store!!

furiousyellow

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm excited for the S8 but I don't believe I will pre-order. I really need Android Auto to be confirmed working on it with my brand of car before I switch over.

cowboys2000

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade isn't unitl July 2017.

Since I have an S7 (S6 insurance replacement), I could wait on the fall flagships or a black friday deal.