03-23-2017 09:09 PM
52 123
tools
    I think G6 looks more appealing .... In India we will get 64gb version with audio dac and all... Only thing missing is wireless charging. .that I can live with
    Wish LG could show the same initiative in the USA. The USA G6 is pretty boring, a 2016 phone shipping in 2017.
    03-21-2017 12:25 AM
    G6 for sure is the best attempt by LG and may beat Samsung in look and feel but Samsung had a master stroke, an exclusive launch deal for Snapdragon 835. For some the processor may be just one feature but for most it is a thing that will make them prefer S8 over G6
    03-21-2017 11:51 AM
    Yeah, the S8 is a much more future proof purchase if you care about that sort of thing.
    03-21-2017 11:56 AM
    Yeah, the S8 is a much more future proof purchase if you care about that sort of thing.
    Seriously, other than use, who will care about the processor. I have a note five and this phone is chugging along very nicely.
    03-21-2017 01:15 PM
    Seriously, other than use, who will care about the processor. I have a note five and this phone is chugging along very nicely.
    We do. Or we wouldn't be talking about it.
    03-21-2017 02:17 PM
    The way I see it: NO.
    I'll admit, G6 is everything but a bad phone. It's pretty, has a great screen in a small body, should be super ergonomical and has pretty much top notch specs. Except for one. SD 821. Okay, it's not a bad processor. I know. It'll definitely do the job. But no matter how good it is, it still isn't as good as 835 just for sake of being 835. Why am I saying this? Well, if they already got beaten in the processor race, and had to opt for an older piece of hardware, shouldn't that had affected the price? Again, the way I see it: YES. Is the phone any cheapr? NO.

Besides all, Samsung is still going to crush LG with their marketing.
    03-21-2017 02:31 PM
    Maybe, but I still don't see why anyone with a phone that is less than 12-16 months old would be interested in the G6.
    03-21-2017 02:48 PM
    Maybe, but I still don't see why anyone with a phone that is less than 12-16 months old would be interested in the G6.
    It just may be their cup of tea. It obviously isn't yours but that is okay .. They would be buying the phone for their reasons.. Not yours .
    03-21-2017 03:27 PM
    It also depends on what one needs flat screen Vs curved... Dual camera Vs single... I had a s7 edge.. Edge screen doesn't add anything extra function... I have axon 7 and will mostly buy G6 as 2nd phone
    03-21-2017 07:58 PM
    There is no way they are afraid of LG. The G6 looks nice but it will in no way compete imo
    03-21-2017 08:08 PM
    It also depends on what one needs flat screen Vs curved... Dual camera Vs single... I had a s7 edge.. Edge screen doesn't add anything extra function... I have axon 7 and will mostly buy G6 as 2nd phone
    Screens don't really add function either way. They are simply an aesthetic and viewing choice. Kinda like smaller bezels.
    03-21-2017 08:17 PM
    The G6 will do well and the S8 will do better, however I think LG is really doing what it takes to get recognition.
    03-21-2017 08:24 PM
    looks like it! lg g6 looks nice but i think i'll hold out and wait for the note 8.
    03-21-2017 08:53 PM
    Samsung shouldn't be afraid of the lg g6 because samsung has a really good track record of overtaking lg when it comes to the smartphone game but i have to admit the lg g6 sure is one hell of a steller decice with improved yet stupendous design great utilization of screen realestate if LG gets the pricing of the g6 right between 500-650 dollars it is going to be a great buy and in doing so it can give the s8 a hard time.
    03-22-2017 12:45 AM
    Samsung shouldn't be afraid of the lg g6 because samsung has a really good track record of overtaking lg when it comes to the smartphone game but i have to admit the lg g6 sure is one hell of a steller decice with improved yet stupendous design great utilization of screen realestate if LG gets the pricing of the g6 right between 500-650 dollars it is going to be a great buy and in doing so it can give the s8 a hard time.
    Bro the US price is out and it's around 600 to 650$ that's great pricing s8 will start from 800$ I guess
    03-22-2017 09:53 AM
    I don't think it will become a threat. Samsung has better software and they always try to innovate. Some useful settings can be found on a Samsung device that a stock android doesn't have. Google sometimes learn from what Samsung does. For LG, their UI, settings, and pre-loaded apps aren't that great. LG's camera app is really not the best.
    03-23-2017 07:04 AM
    GS8 will stomp on any android phone in terms of sales, but i'll keep my new mate 9 as it will beat it in raw performance and ppsspp performance, unless samsung disable DVFS...

Note 8 could be something of a new gen, but the S8 is just Note 7 done right, the LG G6 features are not complete across all the regions, it makes the phone not appealing at all, and it has pretty awful battery life.
    03-23-2017 08:24 AM
    GS8 will stomp on any android phone in terms of sales, but i'll keep my new mate 9 as it will beat it in raw performance and ppsspp performance, unless samsung disable DVFS...

Note 8 could be something of a new gen, but the S8 is just Note 7 done right, the LG G6 features are not complete across all the regions, it makes the phone not appealing at all, and it has pretty awful battery life.
    Bro LG G6 battery review is not final retail unit is not out yet... They all said it pre production unit which all tested and said has decent battery life
    03-23-2017 08:35 AM
    I don't think it will become a threat. Samsung has better software and they always try to innovate. Some useful settings can be found on a Samsung device that a stock android doesn't have. Google sometimes learn from what Samsung does. For LG, their UI, settings, and pre-loaded apps aren't that great. LG's camera app is really not the best.

Ummm.... Remember how disappointed people heard that there would be no flat version of S8?
    LG's UI is better now and their camera app is better than Samsung's, they even have manual video mode, but quality may be different.
    03-23-2017 09:55 AM
    LG hasn't done anything to make Samsung fear them.
    03-23-2017 10:06 AM
    Ummm.... Remember how disappointed people heard that there would be no flat version of S8?
    LG's UI is better now and their camera app is better than Samsung's, they even have manual video mode, but quality may be different.
    All a matter of taste and opinion my friend. None of this is fact. Every manufacturer offers pros and cons. You buy what you like and others will do the same.
    jlost and JokiingSutra like this.
    03-23-2017 10:28 AM
    They should b...cause G6 is a gr8 device which can give tough competition to S8
    03-23-2017 11:32 AM
    It just may be their cup of tea. It obviously isn't yours but that is okay .. They would be buying the phone for their reasons.. Not yours .
    I fully agree, everyone has reasons to buy phones. I do find it funny that people seem to think their phones are status symbols. I work in a big tech company and no around here care what phone any uses. Why people on this site spend so much money on phones seems funny to me. I just hope they aren't going in debt to buy these phones.
    03-23-2017 12:14 PM
    I fully agree, everyone has reasons to buy phones. I do find it funny that people seem to think their phones are status symbols. I work in a big tech company and no around here care what phone any uses. Why people on this site spend so much money on phones seems funny to me. I just hope they aren't going in debt to buy these phones.
    Some don't.. you just assume they go into debt. Some people are really good at flipping and spend next to nothing to do what they do .
    03-23-2017 12:18 PM
    No, I don't think they are afraid them. But any company that looks like they have got a solid phone that can chip away sales from them is concerning. LG looks to be back in the right direction with the V20 and LG G6 and they have to deal with the likes of OnePlus, Xiaomi, Huawei, etc.

And then on top of that you have Apple X coming out this year and Apple takes about 97% of all smartphone profits in world... That's a lot of competition to fight for that 3%
    There are more Android phones in the world than iPhones so how is iPhone netting 97% of profits?
    03-23-2017 12:33 PM
52 123