Is Samsung afraid of LG G6 this time

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Airing an ad for s8 way before its even announced sure looks like G6 is a threat for s8 s8+...
Samsung being afraid of LG is funny... we all know even if G6 is a better or as good phone as s8 ...s8 will sell more than LG G6 coz of Samsung brand and marketing.. but after note 7 fiasco Iam sure Samsung is a bit nervous.. releasing a ad of s8 way before even announcement... let's wait and watch what price point both phones are launched

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
No, I don't think they are afraid them. But any company that looks like they have got a solid phone that can chip away sales from them is concerning. LG looks to be back in the right direction with the V20 and LG G6 and they have to deal with the likes of OnePlus, Xiaomi, Huawei, etc.

And then on top of that you have Apple X coming out this year and Apple takes about 79% (edited) of all smartphone profits in world... That's a lot of competition to fight for that 3%

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Airing an ad for s8 way before its even announced sure looks like G6 is a threat for s8 s8+...
Samsung being afraid of LG is funny... we all know even if G6 is a better or as good phone as s8 ...s8 will sell more than LG G6 coz of Samsung brand and marketing.. but after note 7 fiasco Iam sure Samsung is a bit nervous.. releasing a ad of s8 way before even announcement... let's wait and watch what price point both phones are launched

I'm not sure they are advertising based on the G6

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
No, I don't think they are afraid them. But any company that looks like they have got a solid phone that can chip away sales from them is concerning. LG looks to be back in the right direction with the V20 and LG G6 and they have to deal with the likes of OnePlus, Xiaomi, Huawei, etc.

And then on top of that you have Apple X coming out this year and Apple takes about 97% of all smartphone profits in world... That's a lot of competition to fight for that 3%
3% really? Where is the proof?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry... I must have had a dyslexic moment lol... it's 79%... not 97%. 97% does sound ridiculous eh?

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/03/07/apple-global-smartphone-profit-2016-79/

"Global smartphone profit stood at $53.7 billion, with Apple's iPhone profit accounting for $44.9 billion. Apple held 14.5 percent global smartphone marketshare in 2016, second behind Samsung's 20.8 percent global marketshare. For comparison, Samsung, which posted an $8.3 billion profit, accounted for 14.6 percent of global profits in 2016."

3% really? Where is the proof?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure they are. They are both Korean giants and LG has gone from a "generic" smartphone brand to a side by side contender. LG is trying hard, especially with the dual cameras (their best selling point for me). Samsung needs to stop focusing on making beautiful phones and make innovation a priority again. Samsung is still way ahead of them however as they have more smartphone customers than LG.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry... I must have had a dyslexic moment lol... it's 79%... not 97%. 97% does sound ridiculous eh?

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/03/07/apple-global-smartphone-profit-2016-79/

"Global smartphone profit stood at $53.7 billion, with Apple's iPhone profit accounting for $44.9 billion. Apple held 14.5 percent global smartphone marketshare in 2016, second behind Samsung's 20.8 percent global marketshare. For comparison, Samsung, which posted an $8.3 billion profit, accounted for 14.6 percent of global profits in 2016."
So, that just means that Apple gouges the consumers more than Samsung? This is just profit, not sales.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Companies survive on making profit otherwise there won't be a phone. I really don't know the argument about gouging... Apple phones are what they cost and Samsung and all the others have no problem in selling their flagships for the same price or even more... the htc ultra at $850?? The S8 rumored to be $850 and the plus at $950? Most likely the Note at $1000+?? While a OnePlus 3T with flagship processor And specs in the $500 range? Who's gouging who??

I'm just saying... after Apple takes their share, it leaves 20% to be fought over by all the other phone companies. You know how many phones total over all their models Samsung has to sell to get that 20% while Indian and Chinese competitors chipping away at them from both ends of the price spectrum?

Just saying.

So, that just means that Apple gouges the consumers more than Samsung? This is just profit, not sales.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Since S8 has leaked left and right, we won't get wow or surprise effect.

I hope sammy have something amazing that wasn't leaked.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Since S8 has leaked left and right, we won't get wow or surprise effect.

I hope sammy have something amazing that wasn't leaked.

They won't. We pretty much know everything. But I find small details like camera features and fun ways they will exploit the new aspect ratio, still fun to hear.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Maybe in Korea where the G6 looks like a decent phone. In Korea it has a great DAC and 64 GB of storage, in NA the G6 looks like it was meant to be released in Oct. of 2016. I think the V20 is much better competition for the S8. I think the G6 will be the 2 for one phone at T-Mobile by the end of the summer.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
G6 no longer has removable batt, and somehow it looks really normal even though the screen area is also quite big like S8.

Placed side by side with S8, I think most people will choose S8 based on appearance. But S8's rumoured pricing might be its achilles heels

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz