IR blaster return?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Nope. It's been gone, the S6 was the last to have it. Don't think they'll bring it back because not too many people use it. Kinda sucks because I like the IR blaster. Glad my V20 still has it.

ChetManley762

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I have stuck with my Note 4 for this reason. I use the IR blaster everyday. It's great when you have kids who constantly lose TV remotes.

I'd gladly give up the rarely used heart rate sensor to get the IR blaster back on the S8.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere last week the IR blaster may come back as the leaks show an extra sensor, could be for the face recognition feature though. We won't know for sure until 2 wks.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
No one uses it?? Hmm how the hell do you know.. Lol

Samsung knows lol when you use the Peel smart remote app they could track how many people use it... Same reason why they removed the gesture features on the S4 (automatic eye scroll, air view, air gestures, etc. no one really used it). Also, it drives the total cost up higher for a device that's already too expensive.

The only way they'll bring it back if the majority people bashes Samsung just like when they removed the SD card slot on the S6.

washuai

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I only ever had ir blaster on my LG G4. It's definitely a handy feature. Replaceable batteries are better than battery banks and battery cases, too. I guess as more things get smarter, they'll connect another wireless way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007