Will there be a Galaxy S8 Active?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Every summer during mid June they announce and release the Galaxy Active phones pretty quickly. They have a contract with AT&T and this is their exclusive branded phone pretty much to get more customers to switch over (the HUGE battery is the selling point).

Galaxy Series: March/April
Galaxy Active Series: May/June
Note Series: October/November

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The active line has been around for awhile now. Wondering if Samsung will drop an 'active' version of the S8 as well?

Jeff is right James... what do you mean by "drop"? AT&T, I would imagine makes the decision whether they want to continue the line or not, correct? As Jeff stated, it's manufactured for AT&T only - by Samsung...

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Jeff is right James... what do you mean by "drop"? AT&T, I would imagine makes the decision whether they want to continue the line or not, correct? As Jeff stated, it's manufactured for AT&T only - by Samsung...

Drop in the sense of "release" and not no longer offer the device.

e.g. "I can't wait for <insert your favorite artist>'s album to drop next month!"

In music such as dubstep, techno, house, electronic, hip hop, etc., the beat "drop" is usually signified by hard hitting bass or a constant melody.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
The active line has been around for awhile now. Wondering if Samsung will drop an 'active' version of the S8 as well?

I really hope they do. My dad absolutely loves the S7 Active. Mostly because it's rugged and not as fragile as other glass and metal devices on the market, plus it has a pretty awesome size battery :) Maybe they can out a 3,800mAh battery inside it? :D How awesome would that be. Battery life for 2 - 3 days.

There is always the possibility that Samsung could 'drop' and this time i mean cancel the line. Like the did after the Galaxy S5 Mini. Hopefully they still have enough customers to continue to line. Definitely 'life proof' :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463