Official Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumor Roundup Thread

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thought it'd make sense to round up all the rumors in one place on the Samsung Galaxy S8. Feel free to add your own thoughts on the rumors, or paste new stuff as you hear about it!

So far, this is what I've heard:

• Glass back with metal body
  • Quad HD RGB SuperAMOLED display (2960x1440)
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 or Samsung Exynos 8895 processor
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 64GB storage + microSD slot
  • 3,000mAh battery on the S8, 3,500mAh battery on the GS8 Plus
  • 12MP camera
  • USB-C and wireless charging
  • 3.5mm headphone jack

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
These specs sound super exciting! I can't wait to see the official specs and the photos of the S8! I like the sound of the glass back with metal body, as well. :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
And now that the Samsung S8 won't have a home button, I'd actually consider purchasing it in the future... :).

I've always loved and respected Samsung phones, but had no use for the home button. So this has me excited!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Rumor has it around $970 for s8 plus. If that is the case Samsung taking a gamble there. I'm sure the iphone 8 will cost more but I don't think they will hike the price up that high. Makes you wonder if the Note 8 will push a grand.

IF the LG G6 is a hit, Samsung has some big problems then. The G6 is around $650ish and offers IP68 as well and a big screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4V8LuRwHm8

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Quite keen on S8+, but really can't see why the price has to be higher than Note 7, which is already so expensive

That is what I don't get. Cost over $100 more than Note 7 but it doesn't include the spen technology which I'm sure factors into the device cost which I can't see how the cost of materials went up that much in a year.

There is another good reason to maybe not pre order. IF these prices are true and it causes sales to be sluggish then maybe they will slash the prices on it like LG does.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
That is what I don't get. Cost over $100 more than Note 7 but it doesn't include the spen technology which I'm sure factors into the device cost which I can't see how the cost of materials went up that much in a year.

There is another good reason to maybe not pre order. IF these prices are true and it causes sales to be sluggish then maybe they will slash the prices on it like LG does.

Yeah, definitely won't pre-order. Samsung really should think carefully if they want to gain back the users lost from the Note 7 saga. This is not a good move.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting to see the promos before I decide how and with whom I will order. I'm more interested in the VR and memory as an incentive. Of course already using an S7 keeps me from making too rash of a decision now.

Nathan Phillips

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, definitely won't pre-order. Samsung really should think carefully if they want to gain back the users lost from the Note 7 saga. This is not a good move.

There's been studies that show that a very large percentage of people are still loyal to Samsung. And they're pretty much rocking this device out big league style, so I think pre-order numbers will be really freakin' high.

https://hbr.org/2016/10/why-samsungs-note-7-crisis-wont-hurt-its-brand-long-term

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke