Samsung Galaxy S8 Launch Date

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
How soon after the 29th do you think it will be in our hands? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? A month?

Good question. Up until the Note 7, I've always gotten pre-orders between 7 to 11 days ahead of public release. With the Note 7 I believe most people got them day or two before.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I think it depends on the carriers.

I'm on tmobile and usually they're around the same time as the other carriers so I'd imagine you can start ordering it around the 10th. At least with tmobile they have shipping date estimates on there website so if they start getting pushed back further and further I know they're selling a lot of them and to go ahead and pre order mine before it goes on a long back order. I don't know if I want to pre order the very first day like I did with the note. I'd like to read and watch as many reviews as I can this time before I spend the big money on the s8 plus.

fhm

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I'll be sitting this one out. Still nervous after my S4 running out of updates and memory and updates, then the Note fiasco.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'll be sitting this one out. Still nervous after my S4 running out of updates and memory and updates, then the Note fiasco.
The only one I'm remotely interested in is the s8plus but if it's not going to be any wider than the s7edge I don't think I'm going to go for it

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The only one I'm remotely interested in is the s8plus but if it's not going to be any wider than the s7edge I don't think I'm going to go for it

Yikes! That is what I worry about. I have the edge and don't like typing or texting on it because it's so narrow. IF the s8 plus is like that then I won't be impressed. I'd rather buy the G6 and have the flat screen then. I prefer the size of the V20. I can type so much better on that.

pgawk

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Mods, any idea how long after Wednesday you'll actually get your hands on an S8? I think I'm finally over rumours/ leaks and want to hear about the real thing in action :p

Aanze

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if the back cover will be made with the same glass as the S7 ? My GS7's back has been completely destroyed ever since its first drop from a few inches.. Something a bit more resistant would be appreciated !

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if I'm going for it if the 8Plus isn't bigger than the 7edge. I prefer larger screen phones but larger that makes sense, not just "longer".

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if I'm going for it if the 8Plus isn't bigger than the 7edge. I prefer larger screen phones but larger that makes sense, not just "longer".

When looking at the side-by-side photos the S8+ looks bigger but I think its just taller, the width seems to be the same or maybe even slightly more narrow than the S7 Edge... I will still buy the S8+ because I had to put a case on my S6 and S7 just to stop myself from hitting the sides of the screen with my hand so holding it should feel the same.

I doubt I will notice that it's slightly more narrow plus if the S8 screen is more like the Note 7 (more relaxed curve that felt a lot better than the S7 Edge curve) then I'II be more than happy. Plus the screen being slightly more narrow than the S7 Edge won't bother me too much since the overall phone will be an improvement.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
When looking at the side-by-side photos the S8+ looks bigger but I think its just taller, the width seems to be the same or maybe even slightly more narrow than the S7 Edge... I will still buy the S8+ because I had to put a case on my S6 and S7 just to stop myself from hitting the sides of the screen with my hand so holding it should feel the same.

I doubt I will notice that it's slightly more narrow plus if the S8 screen is more like the Note 7 (more relaxed curve that felt a lot better than the S7 Edge curve) then I'II be more than happy. Plus the screen being slightly more narrow than the S7 Edge won't bother me too much since the overall phone will be an improvement.
That relaxed curve was perfect. The 7edge it's too much and to me feels distorted. If the 7edge were flat it would be great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12