Will the S8+ be a good phone/ phablet (because of it's 6.2 inch giant display) ?

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
The S8+ will be a huge phone or should I say phablet? It can be that because of it's huge display, it may be good deal for approximately half of the Samsung Galaxy 'S' line lovers. Or what you say?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, the + is only marginally larger than the edge. 2mm taller and 5mm wider, that's not much, especially when you consider the S8+ has a screen that's almost 3/4" larger.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I am one that LOVES larger screens. I've used and enjoyed all the Note phones, the Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, and LG V20. I'm interested in seeing the full specs on the SPlus. I'm hoping it's a little wider then my current 7Edge

Robi-K

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in how it handles in real life. I've had problems using my S7 Edge without a case on it. If this one has even smaller bezels I don't know how it will handle.

Ms Sagacity

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm in agreement with you about large screens albeit that it can make one handed
typing/texting/scrolling difficult for those with small hands. That being said, I use
my 5.7" phone rather than my tablet for most things inluding reading and viewing films.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
The S8+ will be a huge phone or should I say phablet?

Its funny that only a couple years ago the term 'Phablet' was defined as any device that had a screen size larger than 5.0" inches in diagonal length. But more recently when looking at wikipedia, the term has changed a little

Phablets typically have a diagonal display measurement ranging from 5.3–6.99 inches. however, some currently consider only those with a size greater than 6 inches

I would use the Galaxy S8 Plus as a tablet. To me, its too big to be a phone now. at 6.1" (6.2) inches. Things are getting slightly out of hand. :)

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've always had bigger phones since the 1st Note came out. Haven't looked back since. However, if the phone is going to be good, the screen size will be part of the reason.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
The S8+ is no wider than the S7Edge and narrower than the iPhone 7S+. The screen size is larger because the S8+ is almost 3/4" taller. The screen ratio is 20:9 instead of 16:9.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The S8+ is no wider than the S7Edge and narrower than the iPhone 7S+. The screen size is larger because the S8+ is almost 3/4" taller. The screen ratio is 20:9 instead of 16:9.
No wider?? I was hoping it will be at least minimally wider. Wednesday can't come soon enough.