S8 or S8+??

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about the s8, the plus just sounds to big for me. In any case I'll wait to see them and go from there, I'm not interested in being an early adopter, I would rather know ,see and have handled whichever phone I end up getting.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm still really on the fence with this but sorta leaning towards the regular S8 I think it just may be the perfect size screen and device

But who knows what will happen when it's released in may just cave in and get the S8+ lol

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The G6 is pretty blah to me. I had the G3 awhile back and loved the design but can't stand their I'd. Plus any phone with a screen will crack, neither of mine were on the edge of the screen

The G6 looks great, but let's not forget it's also made primarily of glass, so there will definitely be stories of cracked phone and camera lenses.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
329d97a18bde5eacb51ea90a55621aae.jpg
it would be awesome if the s8plus had this particular feature. This is what the LG v20 has and it was a blast using

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The note 7 is not a jump. I just started over a new jump program-my last phone wasn't on jump but they were able to make this work for me so I'm thrilled.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I know these aren't confirmed specs...but, it would appear that the S8+ is right about the same width and just a tad taller. The Note7 was really easy to hold. Unless you have shallow pockets, this should not be an issue carrying it around.
The S8 looks closer to the S7E in terms of height.
fa7affa15bce79a6667bafbf11590b91.jpg

be972ab7dc33a118bff2e5898e800edc.jpg

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm still really on the fence with this but sorta leaning towards the regular S8 I think it just may be the perfect size screen and device

But who knows what will happen when it's released in may just cave in and get the S8+ lol

I think with 5.8" screen in such a smaller phone. As long as the cpu and UI are as smooth and consistent as the pixels is. The s8 could easily be one of the greatest phones created.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I'm not a size junkie. I have never chosen the larger option of any smart phone I've ever bought. However, I am definitely leaving towards the plus in this instance. One of the big deciding factor is in me switching to Samsung was the screen, so why not have more screen?

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
My best friend is allllll about his iPhone 7plus..so part of me wants to show him how real innovation can fit a screen almost an inch bigger in a phone smaller than his beloved ip7..#motives

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I think with 5.8" screen in such a smaller phone. As long as the cpu and UI are as smooth and consistent as the pixels is. The s8 could easily be one of the greatest phones created.

I agree! Been wanting a screen that size in that form factor for a while. I just hope I don't cave into the S8+ hype lol

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My best friend is allllll about his iPhone 7plus..so part of me wants to show him how real innovation can fit a screen almost an inch bigger in a phone smaller than his beloved ip7..#motives
Then, he'll show you his iPhone 8 in a few months and then you will have to get the Note8 to rub that in his face.
It's a vicious cycle.

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah..and Phone companies bank on such a vicious cycle to sustain and thrive while making us feel like we have achieved a great deal by buying their product while laughing all the way to the bank..

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
The screen would still be bigger than my current s7edge and I feel the size of the s7edge is pushing as big of a phone as I'd want.

I think that answers your question :) I feel the same way. My hands are not exactly big so any device thats 5.5" inch or bigger starts to feel like a tablet to me. So i would definitely say go for the Galaxy S8 and if after a couple weeks you feel the screen isn't big enough (doubt it) then you can always upgrade to the S8+. There is normally a 14 day or 30 day return policy. So far it doesn't look like the S8 + is offering anything extra besides a bigger battery and larger screen.

Let us know what you end up choosing! Lots of people are in the same boat.

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Then, he'll show you his iPhone 8 in a few months and then you will have to get the Note8 to rub that in his face.
It's a vicious cycle.

Ikr!! Obviously I'm getting an s8 variant but I know I'll want the note 8 when it comes out:/ it happened last year when I got my wife a note 7..all of a sudden my precious s7edge looked ancient😂 we'll see what happens come august/september