Can the S8 beat the iPhone 8?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
That's completely subjective really. There are avid android fans and avid iPhone fans on both sides. For me though I'd go for the S8 Plus hands down over iphone.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 8:

- no SD slot (probably 32 GB the lowest size)
- Forced to use iTunes to load music (extremely annoying and complicated)
- Apple Pay pay sucks cause not many places accept it
- Smartwatches are limited on iPhones unless you use Apple Watch
- Typically lower battery capacity
- OS is very restrictive and limited (try sending files via Bluetooth, it's a nightmare)
- No wireless charging (maybe on the iPhone 8?)
- Small screen size (4.7 inch and 5.5 inch)
- Gets boring after awhile (can't customize anything)
- And most importantly NO HEADPHONE JACK! Better shell out for some Bluetooth earphones... What a waste, everything in my house has auxiliary.

Last edited:

gearty14

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
It will almost certainly have better specs and features(including a headphone jack) but that's not what apple goes for. Apple fans will buy the phone almost no matter what so really it doesn't matter about the feature, although i will say i was debating iPhone but the lack of a headphone jack pushed me away and then i saw the S 8 rumors/designs and have fully jumped on board so its already beat it for me.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Does it have to? People will buy the S8 in April and then the iPhone 8 in October. The different launch dates aren't a coincidence.

mrnimziki

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
At the end of the day it's subjective and essentially comes down to iOS vs. Android. Idk if the S8 will be enough to lure away the average iPhone user, especially given the hype that the iPhone 8 is getting. That being said, I've been an iPhone user since the original and just got my first Android phone (s7e) in November (came from an iPhone 6s+) which I absolutely love. Initially I hated Android and missed iOS and the apps, and which I still think the App Store > Google Play Store, overall I am very satisfied with the s7e and am most excited about the Note 8.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It will depend on one's personal preferences and needs, but I think it will definitely go head-to-head with the iPhone 8 and other popular flagships.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally I consider iPhones and Google phones to provide far superior experience for me but Samsung does push hardware innovation pretty good and they have gotten way better on software front. If they can keep up software updates in a timely manner and also avoid fragmentation of their flagship phones (million variants of one model) then it'll be a great step in beating iPhone.

cjtayaban

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
In terms of hardware we do not. It's not being released or announced yet. But Android will always be superior to iOS. Have you seen an iPhone with dual sim slots and an SD card slot? No.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've owned both android phones and iPhones (cause I'm a tech junkie) but I've always leaned more towards Android due to customization. As mentioned by some, iPhone does have some good feature which I like though such as:

- Double tap to bring the screen down
- Stereo speakers (iPhone 7 plus)
- 3D touch (yes I use it)
- I also like the layout of their audio player cause I can customize the image

we just won't really know until compared sided by side and it depends on what each person is looking for in a phone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've owned both android phones and iPhones (cause I'm a tech junkie) but I've always leaned more towards Android due to customization. As mentioned by some, iPhone does have some good feature which I like though such as:

- Double tap to bring the screen down
- Stereo speakers (iPhone 7 plus)
- 3D touch (yes I use it)
- I also like the layout of their audio player cause I can customize the image

we just won't really know until compared sided by side and it depends on what each person is looking for in a phone.

Agreed. We can't know anything for sure until there's a one-to-one comparison.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
A11 Fusion vs Snapdragon 835? Both 10nm. The 7S and 7S Plus also get A11 but assume those are mud year bump for WWDC coming up.

Both 5.7"+ screen.
OLED

Not sure how iPhone is memory efficient as it is but no issues for me.
Apple File System is new and optimized for NAND

I assume it will takes take much of 2018 to optimize iOS 11 for new model, hardware, screen aspects and resolutions.
Samsung putting out N just now for Galaxy, at least carriers are.

Both have their work cut out for them and their engineers, developers. Apple pushing for 64-bit only code and tighter security.

I wish Sammy would focus on hardware and let someone else handle code.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34