Will you buy a Snapdragon S8 or the Exynos S8?

sepia66

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Qualcomm's Snapdragon has made a big leap forward in performance and this is evidenced in the large amount of devices where they are used so for me I'd rather have Snapdragon rather than Exynos.

memmerp

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
They used their own chips to test the relationship with Qualcomm. right after they did that, Qualcomm took a huge hit to revenue and profits and now Samsung for a couple years have been the sole foundry making the Qualcomm chips. Samsung is making lots of profits from every angle and it covered up the Note 7 losses to a certain extent.

cjtayaban

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I prefer having the Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. It should be better because it is Qualcomm's expertise to manufacture a processor for the smartphones.

Crwdog

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
who is the manufacturer of Exynos? I've never owned one since I've always bought US Restricted ISP phones which all carry Qualcomm

Marcellus1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Since Windows will be available on the snapdragon 835 this year and it seems likely someone will figure out a way to dual boot or otherwise run windows on the S8, I would go for the snapdragon version. Not sure if I would actually use it, but having that option for versatility is intriguing.

dalekrebs

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I know there are benchmarks out showing the new Samsung Exynos out pacing the Snapdragon 835....but I'm going to have to stick with the known workhorse. If it can gain user acceptance as truly superior overall to the snapdragon, I might would consider it in the future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech