Anyone excited to give Bixby a try?

Haggar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
@supertom - Me too. Very interested. My gut says there will be a lot of kinks to work out - but we'll see. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised!

From looking at the retail display units, there's no question it will have very limited functionality to begin with. Only a few built-in apps are support. But the overall concept seems very solid.

I use Google Now / Assistant in the car all the time but there are so many limits on what it can do within apps and/or to control the phone that I frequently have to tap the phone to execute certain things. I'm hoping Bixby resolves this issue and gives more control of the phone and software so that using my hands becomes optional.

jhonnieblue

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm interested to see how much Samsung continues in the development of Bixby.
Google continuously updates assistant but seeing Samsung track recordgwith her updates it's not to reassuring.
That said the Bixby does hold promise

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Will do whatever I can to make it as if it doesn't exist. I'm sure some apps will come out later to either disable or remap the button.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Bixby seems more for phone stuff and Google Assistant seems mroe for actual non-phone questions....thats how it will be at first atleast

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Why is that? Just don't use voice commands? Already happy with Google assistant? Just don't want to?

Not likely to use voice commands to navigate around the phone and yes, I'm ok with google assistant. And I don't use samsung apps. I disable all (except for those that breaks functionality of the device) and use the usually better Google or 3rd party version. I also don't like a lot of redundancy so I try to disable/remove anything I can that is duplicative or not of use. Honestly, the only voice things I do on my phone is "Remind me to.....". All these voice assistants out there so I don't need a new one.

Haggar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
The fact that it will be context sensitive, able to string multiple commands, and will (according to Samsung, at least) support 3rd party applications means the potential for the technology is pretty staggering.

Bixby could potentially do a LOT of tricks.

bixby-does-tricks.jpg

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm not much of an AI fan/user but Bixby has me interested for some reason. I could actually see myself using it in certain situations.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm interested in it!

Bixby could have a lot of potential and be great for Samsung!

I'm definitely interested in trying Bixby. 😃 Anything new that comes out I have to try. The only thing I'm a little confused about is that's Google Assistant comes installed as well? Seems odd having two assistants.

But over the next couple days I'm going to read up about all the features it brings so when I get my hands on the new Galaxy S8 I can test it out! :)

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
But over the next couple days I'm going to read up about all the features it brings so when I get my hands on the new Galaxy S8 I can test it out!

Same here. The phone can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Although I'm looking forward to giving Bixby a try, I'm disappointed that it will not be fully ready by the time we get our phones. I can't believe that Samsung would brag about Bixby and then cripple it before its debut.

Last edited:

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Although I'm looking forward to giving Bixby a try, I'm disappointed that it will not be fully ready by the time we get our phones. I can't believe that Samsung would brag about Bixby and then cripple it be for its debut.

I agree with you 100%! Not that everyone was excited about it, but it was one of Samsung's selling points and is interesting. Now it isn't going to be ready until a future undetermined date. Not cool at all!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Although I'm looking forward to giving Bixby a try, I'm disappointed that it will not be fully ready by the time we get our phones. I can't believe that Samsung would brag about Bixby and then cripple it be for its debut.

Yep.. Sucks for those who wanted it. I personally will just keep using Google Assistant since it works the same on other devices.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers