When will Best Buy have the S8/S8+ in-store to preview?

CobaDarkn3ss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: best buy preview?

I'm sure they will. I wouldn't be surprised if they have them by the weekend. I'm personally waiting to go into a store and play with them before I decide on which phone would be best for me.

Haggar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I was in a store about an hour after announcement and talked to the guy in the Samsung store-within-a-store. He said he would be setting up the display unit later today.

Haggar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I spent 30 minutes playing with both versions tonight at my local Best Buy. The build quality is TOP NOTCH - I was expecting it to be good based on everything I heard...but I was still thoroughly impressed - something that doesn't usually happen to me.

I can't get over how small they feel in your hand. I was planning to buy the S8 but after seeing them in person, the S8+ didn't (to my admittedly large hands) seem big at all. I'm currently lugging around an iPhone 7 Plus and before that I've carried every Note ever made. By far the S8 and S8+ are the most comfortable phones I've held in my hands. They are incredibly well built and stealthy in their size.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Stopped by my local store earlier around 5PM, and the Samsung area was deserted, maybe the guy was gone to dinner. All signage and displays were still S7 related, except for a small TV on the counter that was playing a short looping S8 video.

Haggar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Stopped by my local store earlier around 5PM, and the Samsung area was deserted, maybe the guy was gone to dinner. All signage and displays were still S7 related, except for a small TV on the counter that was playing a short looping S8 video.

I'm in the Minneapolis market. The 3 Best Buy locations I checked with were all displaying them today.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the Minneapolis market. The 3 Best Buy locations I checked with were all displaying them today.

That's cool. The store closest to home here is a pretty small store. Going to hit one of the larger stores up in Charlotte closer to the office tomorrow. I expect they'll probably have them.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I spent 30 minutes playing with both versions tonight at my local Best Buy. The build quality is TOP NOTCH - I was expecting it to be good based on everything I heard...but I was still thoroughly impressed - something that doesn't usually happen to me.

I can't get over how small they feel in your hand. I was planning to buy the S8 but after seeing them in person, the S8+ didn't (to my admittedly large hands) seem big at all. I'm currently lugging around an iPhone 7 Plus and before that I've carried every Note ever made. By far the S8 and S8+ are the most comfortable phones I've held in my hands. They are incredibly well built and stealthy in their size.

Interesting comments on the size. The thing is that it might feel great in the hand, but the 8+ is 1cm taller than my S7E, which starts getting a little tall in the pockets.

Haggar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm a bigger guy and I had no problem pocketing the Note 7. From what I see online, it looks like the S8+ is 6mm taller than the 7 and every so slightly narrower. For me, that's not going to be a problem...but I can certain see how it might get a little big for some. I usually wear jean or slacks and my pockets are easily 6-8 inches deep.

(Just be clear, I always carry them in a front pocket).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek