Will Samsung take care of former Note 7 users?

A

AC Question

I don't remember if it was the AT&T guy or Samsung that was talking about offering a special price for the S8 or Note 8 when they came out for us victims of the Note 7. I didn't actually have a problem with the Note 7, but having to swap it numerous times for another phone was horrible. And I felt like I had to settle for the S7 edge. Now, I'm stuck with it for 2 years. I sure hope they do offer a special deal for us.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't remember if it was the AT&T guy or Samsung that was talking about offering a special price for the S8 or Note 8 when they came out for us victims of the Note 7. I didn't actually have a problem with the Note 7, but having to swap it numerous times for another phone was horrible. And I felt like I had to settle for the S7 edge. Now, I'm stuck with it for 2 years. I sure hope they do offer a special deal for us.

I'm pretty sure it was Samsung because I remember it too. I'm just not sure about whether the special pricing was going to be on the S8 or the Note 8. I don't think you'll get shafted. Don't worry. Something will definitely happen for those of you that stayed with the company.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I sent Samsung an email on this issue a month or so ago and I got an email back saying they couldn't tell me anything until the phone is out. Now that the phone is out, I think I might email them again and see if we can get this ball rolling. My Note 7 was my birthday present and to have to swap to an older phone (S7E) was heartbreaking and I hope they do the right thing for us.

Kyd justus

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I sent Samsung an email on this issue a month or so ago and I got an email back saying they couldn't tell me anything until the phone is out. Now that the phone is out, I think I might email them again and see if we can get this ball rolling. My Note 7 was my birthday present and to have to swap to an older phone (S7E) was heartbreaking and I hope they do the right thing for us.
Email them back and let us know. I haven't heard anything. Maybe they're hoping we forget. A lot of us took a step back from N7 to the S7 and now we are ordering the S8. Would love to see some kinda incentive for sticking with Samsung

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice if Samsung did do that for you and for the other Note 7 users... Perhaps they will give you something - maybe free accessories or a credit. Hopefully something happens for you!

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
It was a Samsung rep who made a comment about some sort of deal on the Note 8 for people who had the Note 7 BUT he only referenced customers in Korea. Not that could change and apply to all previous Note 7 owners when the Note 8 is released but we'll have to wait and see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane