I've got the Samsung Galaxy S III, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

gcwj

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: I've got the Samsung Galaxy S3, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

Alex, I've got the same phone here in the United States, using it on AT&T, and have read in AC about several updates being available for my international version i9300. When I try thru Kies or OTA, nothing is available. Another web site, Sammobile, thinks my phone is not supported in the US and that I would have to flash any updates using Odin or something similiar. What do you think?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Alex, I've got the same phone here in the United States, using it on AT&T, and have read in AC about several updates being available for my international version i9300. When I try thru Kies or OTA, nothing is available. Another web site, Sammobile, thinks my phone is not supported in the US and that I would have to flash any updates using Odin or something similiar. What do you think?

yeah it seems to go by which country youre in mate. what software version do u have now? have u got the brightness slider in the notification bar yet?

gcwj

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

yeah it seems to go by which country youre in mate. what software version do u have now? have u got the brightness slider in the notification bar yet?

I've got i9300XXLE8 (no brightness slider yet)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
right. theres been a few updates since then man (dont know if mostly outside the US coz one acidently removed local search then the next one returned it but its banned in US) ive seen people in the US on here get the brightnes slider though.. think it was F2 or FB.. that gave me it. now im at H1 or something. ive never used Odin but maybe thats the way to go mate

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Is it possible to use the feature that formats Web pages to mobile style that Google search has? It was a great feature I used to Take advantage of in my nokia n78 when I was in a low cover area , Google make Web browsing lighter and faster but I can't seem to find that option on Google search. I use s3 with Chrome by the way and just been loving the phone!
Cheers :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to use the feature that formats Web pages to mobile style that Google search has? It was a great feature I used to Take advantage of in my nokia n78 when I was in a low cover area , Google make Web browsing lighter and faster but I can't seem to find that option on Google search. I use s3 with Chrome by the way and just been loving the phone!
Cheers :)
Firefox for android has an add-on that does that. have you checked in settings for "user agent" in Chrome?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
...just checked and it has an option to request desktop view but no option to force mobile view. i know Opera Mobile, Dolphin and Firefox do ;)

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

...just checked and it has an option to request desktop view but no option to force mobile view. i know Opera Mobile, Dolphin and Firefox do ;)

Thanks man, so I have use another browser, that sucks... Now that I was getting used to this one.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I installed Firefox and it seemed to work the first time but now it only displays the. Web pages in full version mode, please help!

Slatex

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

Hi! I'm looking to buy a Galaxy S2 on ebay. My question is, should I get one that is jailbroke or one that is stock? I'm not very savvy when it comes to updates, etc. so I don't need anything that is going to be difficult when needed updating. Any advice? Thanks!

Mike1410

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Hello guys and thank you for your welcome!

I would like to ask you if there is any way to change the " touch tones (sounds) " !!!
I check everything in "settings" but I found nothing else than how to TURN them ON or OFF !
I really hope, you to know something or from the settings (something that I didn't see or any other trick!

thank you in advance

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys and thank you for your welcome!

I would like to ask you if there is any way to change the " touch tones (sounds) " !!!
I check everything in "settings" but I found nothing else than how to TURN them ON or OFF !
I really hope, you to know something or from the settings (something that I didn't see or any other trick!

thank you in advance

You have to transfer your own sound files in the respective phone folder, they will then show up for you to choose.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Mike1410

iskandsa

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
My SIII became slow to respond, pages, updates, all. Tried clearing memory and many other things. Using Go Launcher.
any idea to make it back as smooth as new?
Thanks!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
My SIII became slow to respond, pages, updates, all. Tried clearing memory and many other things. Using Go Launcher.
any idea to make it back as smooth as new?
Thanks!

make sure Power Saving mode is off ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

LeviathanPT

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I've received yesterday the Official Wi-Fi Display AllShare Cast Hub if anyone needs images/videos or other information about it just say so :)

acc_3.png

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
what's the advantage compared to the hdmi cable? How much did it cost

- - - Updated - - -

what's the advantage compared to the hdmi cable? How much did it cost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty