Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

Default Re: I've got the Samsung Galaxy S3, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

im unbranded lol so u try it dammit!
    i have to fix this damn laptop im workin on before i do anythin.
    have u checked out the stickies in i9300 forum?
    we have some now x

Unbranded Global s3, Official JB, Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    scaramouch1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    im unbranded lol so u try it dammit!
    i have to fix this damn laptop im workin on before i do anythin.
    have u checked out the stickies in i9300 forum?
    we have some now x

Unbranded Global s3, Official JB, Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    No I haven't. I will tho.

O_o WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~
    funkylogik likes this.

hi
    I have just upgraded my Galaxy S3
    following the "full odin guide" on here although it completed everything ok,rebooted after the green Pass was showing in odin. it is now stuck saying "android is updating and "starting apps?? is it safe to unplug phone from pc? and will i be able to flash back to last state of phone if this flash has not worked. many thanks in advance for your help/advice on this

it's a uk I9300

Carrier
    stock rom from the phone

Hi newbie here, as a former iphone user i bought a i9300T from Powerbuy in Thailand and well is there any way to change it from i9300T to i9300 so i can get jellybean. There is no different between the two right? If anyone can help that would be great

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by merlin5557 View Post
    hi
    I have just upgraded my Galaxy S3
    following the "full odin guide" on here although it completed everything ok,rebooted after the green Pass was showing in odin. it is now stuck saying "android is updating and "starting apps?? is it safe to unplug phone from pc? and will i be able to flash back to last state of phone if this flash has not worked. many thanks in advance for your help/advice on this
    Did it work out?

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    scaramouch1 likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by DryRice View Post
    Hi newbie here, as a former iphone user i bought a i9300T from Powerbuy in Thailand and well is there any way to change it from i9300T to i9300 so i can get jellybean. There is no different between the two right? If anyone can help that would be great
    Im pretty sure theres a way by changing the "CSC" or smething if that helps

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    scaramouch1 likes this.

Hi I have s3 16g with 64g microsd I can't download files up to 4g. Say: file exceeds filesystem size limit. why? Can I filesystem resize ?

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Papastamatiou View Post
    Hi I have s3 16g with 64g microsd I can't download files up to 4g. Say: file exceeds filesystem size limit. why? Can I filesystem resize ?
    I am having the same problem, did you find a solution to this?

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

Check ur network/carrier bro

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

What he meant was not "Download" from the internet but transfer from the pc to the S3, at least that is my problem. I guess it has something to do with the windows drivers that are messed up since the last KIES update.
    funkylogik likes this.

Hi there

I have just got my Sammy GS3. It's the nuts. I previously had a HTC desire and this sh*ts all over it. However, on my HTC I was able to just hit one button and it collated all duplicated contacts together (from numerous backups to my sd card, from gmail, from hotmail etc) and it gave me a custom list including my contacts, their emails and facebook pics (if they were on fb). I have managed to collate them by making a custom account (somehow) however i still have many duplicates is there any easy way of over coming this other than me wiping all contacts and then editing the ones on my gmail account and then grabbing them back on the phone? and ... also how do you get the phone to grab your friends profile pics from facebook as their contact display?

Plus - just thought I'd mention GTA III on the Sammy GS3 is the best download I have ever made.

Thanks!

PM

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by pmitchell15 View Post
    Hi there

I have just got my Sammy GS3. It's the nuts. I previously had a HTC desire and this sh*ts all over it. However, on my HTC I was able to just hit one button and it collated all duplicated contacts together (from numerous backups to my sd card, from gmail, from hotmail etc) and it gave me a custom list including my contacts, their emails and facebook pics (if they were on fb). I have managed to collate them by making a custom account (somehow) however i still have many duplicates is there any easy way of over coming this other than me wiping all contacts and then editing the ones on my gmail account and then grabbing them back on the phone? and ... also how do you get the phone to grab your friends profile pics from facebook as their contact display?

Plus - just thought I'd mention GTA III on the Sammy GS3 is the best download I have ever made.

Thanks!

PM
    I think theres apps to "merge" contacts and a few custom dialers do it (Go Contacts) but as i remember, it was a pain in the ***. It doesnt really bother me as i never browse through contacts, i just search.

As for facebook, add facebook in "accounds and sync" setting

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Your micrsoSD card is FAT32 file system, which has an addressing limitation of 4gb. So files nearing 4GB and exceeding it will not be compatible with your microSD. The phones internal storage however is capable of handling it. So instead of trying to copy the file/movie directly to the micro sd card, copy it to the phones storage. It will work.
    badelhas likes this.

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

Quote Originally Posted by sukant08 View Post
    Your micrsoSD card is FAT32 file system, which has an addressing limitation of 4gb. So files nearing 4GB and exceeding it will not be compatible with your microSD. The phones internal storage however is capable of handling it. So instead of trying to copy the file/movie directly to the micro sd card, copy it to the phones storage. It will work.

Thanks, I will try that. But let me tell you that it used to work, but lately it doesn't.

Hey... Thanks a bunch.

i have a samsung galaxy s3 which doesnt get past the first black and white screen which shows Samsung Galaxy S3, GT-I9300.

it can go in download mode.
    ....and shows the following:
    ....................................................................................
    ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME:
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD:No
    CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    SYSTEM STATUS: Custom.

Downloading....
    Do not turn off target !!

further still, it cannot go in recovery.

How can odin help me?

please help.

Regards,

Tom LL

Suggestion as to best external speaker using a double ended 3.5mm jack cord

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Hoehn View Post
    Suggestion as to best external speaker using a double ended 3.5mm jack cord
    Double ended? Why?? :beer:

MERRY XMAS!!!X
    Unbranded rooted international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lukwiya Lakony View Post
    Hey... Thanks a bunch.

i have a samsung galaxy s3 which doesnt get past the first black and white screen which shows Samsung Galaxy S3, GT-I9300.

it can go in download mode.
    ....and shows the following:
    ....................................................................................
    ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME:
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD:No
    CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    SYSTEM STATUS: Custom.

Downloading....
    Do not turn off target !!

further still, it cannot go in recovery.

How can odin help me?

please help.

Regards,

Tom LL
    What did you do to make this happen mate? Be honest.
    Your phone ISNT bricked so you CAN be helped :thumbup:

MERRY XMAS!!!X
    Unbranded rooted international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

I've tried a couple of times to root my AT&T S3 (4.0.4) using Odin3. I'm able to get the phone into download mode, execute Odin3, display the yellow under ID:COM, select PDA, and click Start. In the messages section, I receive 4 lines:
    • <ID:0/005> Added!!
    • <ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
    • <ID:0/005> File analysis..
    • <ID:0/005> Setup connection..

The process never complete: the phone never reboots, and the "Recovery" message never appears on the Odin screen. I have to take the battery out and put it back in for the phone to reboot, and I assume it's not rooted. I need to do this to try to recover the "Camera" folder containing pictures that I stupidly deleted. I used to jailbreak my iPhone, but I can't seem to get this to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, and Merry Christmas.

Hi does anyone know how to or if you can set a different notification tone for texts from application notifications as I can only see it in settings for all notifications.which is annoying as every time the sound goes off I jump thinking it's a text and it's some random stupid app! Surely we should be able to differentiate between texts and other stupid notifications? texts shouldn't be bundled with all the other they should be separate and you should be able to have a different tone and have option to turn others off? Any ideas x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Unhappy Re: I've got the Samsung Galaxy S3, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

hi,

I have the same exact problem that Tom's facing.
    I have done nothing apart from upgrading to JB 4.1.1 a month back.
    I was at work and after attending an incoming call I placed the phone on desk and saw it rebooting automatically.
    then, it went to the normal screen and to my surprise all was lost.
    The icon customization, the widget placement, my contacts and messages. It was as If I was switching the phone for the first time giving me tips to use the phone.
    I then rebooted the phone as it was not displaying any thing in gallery (pics, videos ..) and failed to detect the mem card.
    On reboot it never complete the process and stuck on the boot logo nor it goes to recovery mode. Phone just restarts while entering the recovery mode. Does not even show the recovery screen.
    then I tried to boot to the ODIN mode and land up here.
    So, visited the Samsung service center and they say that I have rooted the mobile and denied repairing my phone.
    Where as I never ever tried rooting the phone. they do not want to believe me as see me at fault.
    Can you please help..

~ Ken

Hi guys

Another thing I've noticed since the update Is the new multi window feature. On first use it I could open two things split screen and thought wow this is awesome! But now every time I try to use it, it never does it anymore! So annoying I don't get it! has this happened to any one else? How to fix? Thanks

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Sammfieuk View Post
    Hi does anyone know how to or if you can set a different notification tone for texts from application notifications as I can only see it in settings for all notifications.which is annoying as every time the sound goes off I jump thinking it's a text and it's some random stupid app! Surely we should be able to differentiate between texts and other stupid notifications? texts shouldn't be bundled with all the other they should be separate and you should be able to have a different tone and have option to turn others off? Any ideas x

the settings should be within each app m8 but since youre on the GT, buy Light Flow app and itl let you control every part of every notification frm each app lol including LED colour, flash rate, tone and vibration pattern
    the US versions have problems with it

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by kenrags View Post
    hi,

I have the same exact problem that Tom's facing.
    I have done nothing apart from upgrading to JB 4.1.1 a month back.
    I was at work and after attending an incoming call I placed the phone on desk and saw it rebooting automatically.
    then, it went to the normal screen and to my surprise all was lost.
    The icon customization, the widget placement, my contacts and messages. It was as If I was switching the phone for the first time giving me tips to use the phone.
    I then rebooted the phone as it was not displaying any thing in gallery (pics, videos ..) and failed to detect the mem card.
    On reboot it never complete the process and stuck on the boot logo nor it goes to recovery mode. Phone just restarts while entering the recovery mode. Does not even show the recovery screen.
    then I tried to boot to the ODIN mode and land up here.
    So, visited the Samsung service center and they say that I have rooted the mobile and denied repairing my phone.
    Where as I never ever tried rooting the phone. they do not want to believe me as see me at fault.
    Can you please help..

~ Ken
    bro ive heard of same thing and im horrified to say that if you cant fix it (try XDA forums), youre gona have to pay to get it fixed.
    i really feel for u. i have modded my phone so i dont deserve a warranty but u havent
    plz try the more advanced sites for your model and carrier and be as clear as possible how it happened.
    dont give samsung your money, the screen turns on so its not dead.
    good luck man and plz let us know how u get on :beer:

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer: