I've got the Samsung Galaxy S III, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Alex, did it come with headphones? I love the ones bundled with the S II. If you haven't done so already, try the music player. Thanks for responding to all our silly questions.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
How is the speed and stability of the phone compared to your HTC Titan? Windows phone is praised for its smoothness but new android phones seem to be just as smooth. Is this true with the gsiii? Thanks a lot!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
What are your impressions of the software. Did you try the buddy share feature, how good is the face tagging if you have contact pictures. How is the gps compared to your other phones, esp an Htc or Motorola. What level of brightness do you normally keep the screen at.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
How is the display compared to the One X outside in direct sunlight?
How is the call quality and signal strength compared to the One X?

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Alex, did it come with headphones? I love the ones bundled with the S II. If you haven't done so already, try the music player. Thanks for responding to all our silly questions.

I am also interested in the headphones. How are the inline controls.?

And, YES, THANKS!

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

turbofan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
What are your impressions of the software. Did you try the buddy share feature, how good is the face tagging if you have contact pictures. How is the gps compared to your other phones, esp an Htc or Motorola. What level of brightness do you normally keep the screen at.

Questions should end with question marks?

I don't have any questions at the very moment but I will certainly pipe up again if I do!

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Is it worth updating from an Unlocked S2? I've had it for over a year now, and am looking to get something new. Can't decide weather to get this, or wait for something else.

I am waiting.. This is just the Tip of the Ice Burg.. I believe the G-Note v2 will get the 5250/T604 Exynos chipset later this year.. and based on this old artlcle I just found on GSM arena, The best of Qualcomm SoC is yet to come.. Looks like a Quad-Core Snapdragon # APQ8064 is in the works..paired with a Quad-Core Adreno 320.. I can wait til Black Friday.. its only 177 days away.. that will be my purchase day.. And if it ends up being the S3 then this will allow time for the bugs and the Roms to come out.. But I have to see what the 5250/T604and the Quad-Core Snapdragon Soc / Quad-Core 320gpu go into before I commit $700.00 to this unit...

2012-05-30215326-2.jpg

standog100

May 23, 2012
Visit site
how is the battery life of s3 under normal use? I. E. Running on carrier network with other applications running and sycn in the background.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

agelosm

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. The camera is also a huge selling point for me. What about the sound quality when recording video. With the s2 and S there was a lot of distortion in situations with loud noise like concerts or parties. the iphone performs better on that... Damn it!

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
does SGS3 fits in your jeans pocket easily? im not talking about skinny jeans alright. :p
Easily pocketable. It's thinner than the Nexus, and without any bulge, which makes it more hipster-friendly :p
How is the cell radio compared to the gnex, razr, etc? Any data issues?
No issues. Signal strength is about the same as other phones.
Hey, so, the phone is plastic. So is the HTC Incredible. How does the gsiii feel compared to the Incredible? On par, cheaper, etc? I have heard that SAmsung phones feel cheap, plastic, etc.

Sent from my Incredible.
Aw yeah.
Never used an Incredible, so I can't commend on that specific phone. It's plastic, but it's high-quality plastic. Same as the Note and the S II. Just a different finish around the back.

Have they come out with a decent car dock yet?

There's one coming, but I don't believe it's out yet. And as it lacks gold contacts, you'll have to use a USB cable along with it. (One disadvantage compared to the GNex and One X)

How is the video recording at night and day?
Great in daylight. Haven't tried it at night yet.
Is it worth updating from an Unlocked S2? I've had it for over a year now, and am looking to get something new. Can't decide weather to get this, or wait for something else.

The S II is still a great phone, and now it has ICS too. I'd say the S III is a worthy upgrade from any of last year's phones. There'll always be something better on the horizon, but it doesn't look like there'll be anything to beat the Galaxy S III and HTC One X until the year's end (Nexus time).

It does. Same headphones that came with the Note, by the look of them. They're pretty good.

The music player has been re-vamped a bit. The biggest change is there's now a "music square" that lets you choose tracks based on mood, temp, etc.

How is the speed and stability of the phone compared to your HTC Titan? Windows phone is praised for its smoothness but new android phones seem to be just as smooth. Is this true with the gsiii? Thanks a lot!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I don't have the Titan anymore, but every Windows Phone is slick and outwardly speedy, even on lesser hardware. Like I said though, the S III is the fastest Android phone you can buy, and there's really no lag to speak of anywhere. So yeah, it's as smooth as a Windows phone.

As for stability, well it hasn't crashed yet :)

How is GPS and wifi radio?

Great. It has GPS and GLONASS support, in case anyone was wondering.

Haven't tried many of those features yet. GPS is fine. Auto-brightness is a little on the low side, so I keep it at 40% indoors and 100% outdoors.

How is the display compared to the One X outside in direct sunlight?
How is the call quality and signal strength compared to the One X?

One X beats it hands-down in sunlight. AMOLED's daylight visibility issues are compounded by the fact that the white bezel reflects really, really brightly in daylight.

Signal strength is about the same.

I am also interested in the headphones. How are the inline controls.?

And, YES, THANKS!

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

You mean the buttons on the headphone wire? Same as on the Note -- play/pause and volume.

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi there. The camera is also a huge selling point for me. What about the sound quality when recording video. With the s2 and S there was a lot of distortion in situations with loud noise like concerts or parties. the iphone performs better on that... Damn it!
Sound quality is fine, from my limited testing. Will test it some more, and the results will be in the review.
how is the battery life of s3 under normal use? I. E. Running on carrier network with other applications running and sycn in the background.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Battery life is good enough, and way better than the international One X. It's about equal to the GSM Gnex running with an extended battery.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering what's HD video playback like, does it say play a 2-3 gig file fine or does it stutter?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

comradepenguin

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I tried the SIII in a couple of shops yesterday and both had a weird issue. When I went into the browser the brightness was greatly reduced. You could actually see it change back to maximum brightness when you went back to the launcher. I played with the settings, turned auto brightness off etc but it still happened. Are you noticing this issue? It was particularly painful as at low brightness whites have a very noticable blue tint.

v1rtu4l

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I tried the SIII in a couple of shops yesterday and both had a weird issue. When I went into the browser the brightness was greatly reduced. You could actually see it change back to maximum brightness when you went back to the launcher. I played with the settings, turned auto brightness off etc but it still happened. Are you noticing this issue? It was particularly painful as at low brightness whites have a very noticable blue tint.

that is because the browser has a separate brightness settings for itself.
that might be an advantage if people need other brightness settings while in the browser and actually trying to read stuff, instead of just pushing the coloured icons of the UI ;)