I've got the Samsung Galaxy S III, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering what's HD video playback like, does it say play a 2-3 gig file fine or does it stutter?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums
The S III plays 720p MKV's flawlessly, with hardware decoding. I think the One X does the same, but don't quote me on that, I might've had to use software decoding to get things going on that phone.
I tried the SIII in a couple of shops yesterday and both had a weird issue. When I went into the browser the brightness was greatly reduced. You could actually see it change back to maximum brightness when you went back to the launcher. I played with the settings, turned auto brightness off etc but it still happened. Are you noticing this issue? It was particularly painful as at low brightness whites have a very noticable blue tint.

There's a separate brightness setting for the browser. Same with every Samsung phone.

shaxs

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I want to know about MirrorLink. Is there an APK you can pull off the phone for MirrorLink? Is MirrorLink on the phone, more than just a software thing? Is there specific hardware on the phone that enables MirrorLink. I want to know if MirrorLink can be used with a Galaxy Nexus and a compatible head unit by using software or if it is indeed a hardware issue also.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
How is the camera compared to the one x and other top android cameras?

Is the lag upon wake-up there like I have read a few other places?

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Yea, dont mess with one of the Pit Bosses. Alex is one of our editors i.e. Grand Puba's, Android Central's Royality.

Last edited:
Reactions: b0btech

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Does s3. Have "inverted rendering" feature like the galaxy nexus.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
In the browser, yes. All stock ICS browsers should have this.
I want to know about MirrorLink. Is there an APK you can pull off the phone for MirrorLink? Is MirrorLink on the phone, more than just a software thing? Is there specific hardware on the phone that enables MirrorLink. I want to know if MirrorLink can be used with a Galaxy Nexus and a compatible head unit by using software or if it is indeed a hardware issue also.
Are you talking about AllShare Play? If so, I believe that uses parts of the TouchWiz framework, and as such probably won't work on any other phone.
How is the camera compared to the one x and other top android cameras?

Is the lag upon wake-up there like I have read a few other places?
My testing isn't complete yet, but I'd say it matches the One X, on the whole.
Where is the proof that you actually have a SG3? Pics or it didnt happen..
gs3lolol.jpg

In the browser, are you able to change user agent to default to desktop? If so, does it stay after a reboot?
You can change your user agent through about:debug, but changes aren't saved once the app closes or is dumped out of memory.

bobzer

May 31, 2012
Visit site
thanks for answering the questions :)

do you know the differents about performance, autonomy, etc between the version 1Go (4 cores) and the 2Go with 2 cores ?
thanks

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Alex,
I wanted to thank you for the reply yesterday, you did a fabulous job! I am stuck with a Miserable Motorola Atrix2, that is stuck with a miriad of difficulties, and am currently planning to dump it. The Display is stunning on the A2 and the Audio Output is awesome.
I would like to qualify my query to you, I have a sensory Hearing defect, and also had Cataract Surgery in both eyes.The Volume Output of the Atrix 2 is probably the Loudest of any device I have heard, also the display is stunning to say the least.
I was looking at the Note and the OneX. The Display on the OneX is incredible to say the least, but Im not sure of the Audio, and the Displays at AT&T are tethered, so its hard to get a good sampling of audio. It seemed like the OneX was substantially less in Audio Output compared to the Atrix2.
I was hopeful that maybe you could inform me on the comparison to the GS-3 and the Atrix2, Call Audio and speakerphone, including Music Player Output.
I am sorry for PM'ing you, hope you can answer me. You answered the question about the display, I had the Note next to a OneX, wow what a difference, I can only assume its similiar to the GS-3 and OneX.
Im still scratching my head as to why No SD Card or Removable back, but AT&T has a habit of making radical changes to Great Phones here in the US.
I thank you for your timme, I like reaging your reviews and comments, keep up the great work.
Cheers and Beers! Thank you!
Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: Sebasterd

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
What's the deal with S voice?

Anything cool, or just another voice gimmick? Any cool commands?

How does it compare to Siri (features and reliability)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance