I've got the Samsung Galaxy S III, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
slightly faster/smoother, just waiting on google now learning me, havnt seen anythin good with the notifications yet... nothing exciting yet. il test battery tomorrow.....

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

ppomber

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I have a samsung galaxy player 5.0 and I am new to
andriod. Love the SGP but there are a few things I
need help with. Dont know where to go or who
to ask. Any suggrstions?

pippilongs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi there! I'm from Carla Animation Studios. We just published our native HD live wallpaper specifically developed for S3 and Nexus 7 users. As we are rather new in this field I am looking for feedback, both content-wise and tech-wise. We used an openGL2.0ES animation engine to make the wallpaper resource-smart. We did in-house testing which went through successfully.

It'd be great if you could review our live wallpaper and let me know what you think!
It can be downloaded from here (for free): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CarlaAnimations

Sammfieuk

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys my Sam gs3 has just been updated to jelly bean and I find it slower! BUT more annoying is the keyboard it seems to have got worse and I have lost lost the abillity to swipe! Does anyone else find this or know the answer? Also I now can't connect to keis anymore says device not supported :( help! :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys my Sam gs3 has just been updated to jelly bean and I find it slower! BUT more annoying is the keyboard it seems to have got worse and I have lost lost the abillity to swipe! Does anyone else find this or know the answer? Also I now can't connect to keis anymore says device not supported :( help! :confused:

another guy had that and had to factory reset, now his s3 flies... not a nice answer i know but think its the only option.
you could root and back EVERYTHING up first or just have a nice fresh start :)

first though, try installing the widgets "cache cleaner" and "ICS memory booster" try them and if it doesnt help... a good factory reset is good for the phone anyway, itl be faster than the day you unboxed it :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I have a samsung galaxy player 5.0 and I am new to
andriod. Love the SGP but there are a few things I
need help with. Dont know where to go or who
to ask. Any suggrstions?

its android and samsung so ask here :) what version of android is it on and whats the problems? :)

Sammfieuk

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks funky! Just one thing how can I back up without Samsung keis? Is there another program you can use?

So I take it jellybean doesn't have swipe keyboard then?

Oh and last dumb question I gether if I reset then all game progress will be lost?

Sorry for all questions new to this!
Thanks guys :)

Babolat_JC

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm kind of new with the Android world since I would always buy the cheapest flip phones on the market. Now that I've talked a little bit about myself here's my problem... I've recently downloaded the Nova Launcher and Nova Launcher Prime on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (it's not a discussion of who's better Apex or Nova), I love it! The one thing I don't like and I know there's a solution: when I hit the home button, it keeps asking me if I want Nova or Touchwiz, but really what I want is to go at my home page... I went to the Nova Settings and clicked on Default Page for my Home button but it keeps asking which Launcher I want...

Does anyone have the same problem? If yes, do you know the solution of this problem I'm having?

Thanks for your time!

JC

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks funky! Just one thing how can I back up without Samsung keis? Is there another program you can use?

So I take it jellybean doesn't have swipe keyboard then?

Oh and last dumb question I gether if I reset then all game progress will be lost?

Sorry for all questions new to this!
Thanks guys :)

to save app data (i assume that means game progress too) you have to be rooted mate unless you can find a file where its saved and copy it to sd/pc

theres apps to back up what apps you have like Titanium Backup or MyBackup.

i dont know about swype keyboard.. once i updated to JB theres a samsung keyboard there but ive used the same 3rd party keyboard since phones ago and never used the stock one :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm kind of new with the Android world since I would always buy the cheapest flip phones on the market. Now that I've talked a little bit about myself here's my problem... I've recently downloaded the Nova Launcher and Nova Launcher Prime on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (it's not a discussion of who's better Apex or Nova), I love it! The one thing I don't like and I know there's a solution: when I hit the home button, it keeps asking me if I want Nova or Touchwiz, but really what I want is to go at my home page... I went to the Nova Settings and clicked on Default Page for my Home button but it keeps asking which Launcher I want...

Does anyone have the same problem? If yes, do you know the solution of this problem I'm having?

Thanks for your time!

JC

if youre on ICS still, when you hit HOME and it gives you the choice of launcher, there should be a lil check-box, check that then hit Nova.
if youre on JB then hit HOME, tap NOVA then tap the box at bottom left saying "always use" or something ;)

paulos43

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my phone the other day, it hit the concrete in the bottom right hand corner of the phone. The screen smashed, which I've ordered online with no problems. However, I've just discovered that not only will the headphones not work, but it won't ring when a call comes through. The speaker plays the music ok, so it doesn't appear to be that is an issue. Any ideas on the potential fix or issue? Or is a simple case of biting the bullet and taking it to a technician?

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my phone the other day, it hit the concrete in the bottom right hand corner of the phone. The screen smashed, which I've ordered online with no problems. However, I've just discovered that not only will the headphones not work, but it won't ring when a call comes through. The speaker plays the music ok, so it doesn't appear to be that is an issue. Any ideas on the potential fix or issue? Or is a simple case of biting the bullet and taking it to a technician?

Have you tried a factory reset?
By the way, how much did the new screen cost? Was it easy to replace?

paulos43

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
The screen was US $19.99 from Hong Kong. It comes with tools and I'm yet to receive it but I'll update you when I've done it. There are online videos explaining it too, so I can't imagine it would be too hard.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
The screen was US $19.99 from Hong Kong. It comes with tools and I'm yet to receive it but I'll update you when I've done it. There are online videos explaining it too, so I can't imagine it would be too hard.

seriously $20????
id heard of them bein x10 that because the glass, digitiser etc are all one piece... thats prety cool man :)

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
if youre on ICS still, when you hit HOME and it gives you the choice of launcher, there should be a lil check-box, check that then hit Nova.
if youre on JB then hit HOME, tap NOVA then tap the box at bottom left saying "always use" or something ;)

Tap the use this selection as default first, then tap ur choice. It won't do it anymore.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Are u sure it's actual gorilla glass 2 because that's really cheap? I've heard of these screens being about 80 bucks. I'm glad I'm really careful with my phone.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

paulos43

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I was quoted $289 (AUD), which is about the same in US anyway, locally. Ebay rocks!
My son pointed this out to me as he had a broken screen and found a much cheaper solution, I was willing to send it to my mate in Thailand as I knew it was possible to get it done for a similar cheap fee as my trvelling partner got it done a few months back. But, this was even cheaper and more handy!
Anyway, tried factory reset and it didn't work, as I thought it wouldn't and was the reason for not trying earlier. But, it's not over yet!!! When I take it apart to replace the screen, I am going to investigate to see if there's anything obviously broken and anyway I can fix it cheaply myself. Otherwise, it's off to Thailand! Pain in the arse, but I will pay say, 15% of what a tech will likely charge locally......
As you can see, I'm not willing to take the convenient option, especially if it's hundreds of $'s cheaper elsewhere! :)

paulos43

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I was pretty sure, but you've worried me now. Time will tell and a reorder and refund (possibly) at more cost is the worst case scenario regardless....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX