Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Default Re: I've got the Samsung Galaxy S3, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

does SGS3 fits in your jeans pocket easily? im not talking about skinny jeans alright.

How is the cell radio compared to the gnex, razr, etc? Any data issues?

please use the camera and compare it to the one x. Heck, you can do an entire article about camera comparison. The camera is the deciding factor in buying my next phone. Right now, I'm on the fence. But it's because I haven't seen any true head to head comps just on the photo/video
    Thanked by:

Hey, so, the phone is plastic. So is the HTC Incredible. How does the gsiii feel compared to the Incredible? On par, cheaper, etc? I have heard that SAmsung phones feel cheap, plastic, etc.

Sent from my Incredible.
    Aw yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkpod View Post
    Hey, so, the phone is plastic. So is the HTC Incredible. How does the gsiii feel compared to the Incredible? On par, cheaper, etc? I have heard that SAmsung phones feel cheap, plastic, etc.

Sent from my Incredible.
    Aw yeah.
    it is the same plastic as the one X is, just a different finish

So, it is of the same quality/grade of plastic, then? Do we ain't gotta worry about anything?
    If you know, what sort of plastic dots the incredible have?

Sent from my Incredible.
    Aw yeah.

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

Quote Originally Posted by Funkpod View Post
    So, it is of the same quality/grade of plastic, then? Do we ain't gotta worry about anything?
    If you know, what sort of plastic dots the incredible have?

Sent from my Incredible.
    Aw yeah.
    You will have a very hard time breaking a samsung phone when you drop it since its lighter than its compatible rivals. If its anything like past samsung phones, it will feel unnaturally light and a lot of htc and moto fanboys assumes its weak and flimsy yet these "cheap flimsy" phones can survive a ton of damage with only a few scratches showing. The secret to its durability is its lack of weight so there is less momentum to actually break the phone.
    lv2bsilly likes this.

Have they come out with a decent car dock yet?

How is the video recording at night and day?

Is it worth updating from an Unlocked S2? I've had it for over a year now, and am looking to get something new. Can't decide weather to get this, or wait for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by s14tat View Post
    You will have a very hard time breaking a samsung phone when you drop it since its lighter than its compatible rivals. If its anything like past samsung phones, it will feel unnaturally light and a lot of htc and moto fanboys assumes its weak and flimsy yet these "cheap flimsy" phones can survive a ton of damage with only a few scratches showing. The secret to its durability is its lack of weight so there is less momentum to actually break the phone.
    I'd say this is a solid assessment. I have a Sprint GSII, and this weekend I dropped it from the seat of my SUV out the door and onto the pavement below, with just a simple TPU case on it. Thankfully it landed on its back, but it survived the fall from that height without a scratch. Even the case was barely scuffed.

Now I'm not saying Samsung phones are indestructible, but not many phones would have survived that kind of fall. I believe it had everything to do with the light weight.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    Thanked by 2:
    lilotimz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywould View Post
    Is it worth updating from an Unlocked S2? I've had it for over a year now, and am looking to get something new. Can't decide weather to get this, or wait for something else.
    If you were happy with the SGS2, go for it!
    Better processor
    Bigger 720p screen
    New software features
    LTE (NA)
    2 gb ram(NA)

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE
    equishd likes this.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,922 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by s14tat View Post
    Tell that to the Infuse that I had that fell 3 feet onto pavement and chipped the corner of the screen. :-)

No phone is impervious and they can all break from subtle falls even.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    I'd say this is a solid assessment. I have a Sprint GSII, and this weekend I dropped it from the seat of my SUV out the door and onto the pavement below, with just a simple TPU case on it. Thankfully it landed on its back, but it survived the fall from that height without a scratch. Even the case was barely scuffed.

Now I'm not saying Samsung phones are indestructible, but not many phones would have survived that kind of fall. I believe it had everything to do with the light weight.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Tell that to the Infuse that I had that fell 3 feet onto pavement and chipped the corner of the screen. :-)

No phone is impervious and they can all break from subtle falls even.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    I already said that the phone will have scratches, and yes I consider a chipped screen to be scratch. My phone has a chip on the screen that's the size of a grain of sand, and a microscopic hair line crack on it as well, but as I mentioned in the other thread, I drop my phone like 5 times a day on concrete sometimes depending on which uniform I wear when I try to set up a car lift. So considering how much abuse this phone had received I think it did pretty okay. I also forgot to mention I have been running the screen buck naked with no protector for over a year.

My wife's Droid Charge ( a larger heavier Galaxy S ) just cracked borderline shattered her screen this weekend with a nice fall from about 3.5 feet and I wasn't surprised because that phone was one heavy SOB.

Please let's keep the thread on topic. We have heard enough about dropping phones.
    Thanked by:
    Tsudeily likes this.

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

Alex, did it come with headphones? I love the ones bundled with the S II. If you haven't done so already, try the music player. Thanks for responding to all our silly questions.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

How is the speed and stability of the phone compared to your HTC Titan? Windows phone is praised for its smoothness but new android phones seem to be just as smooth. Is this true with the gsiii? Thanks a lot!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

How is GPS and wifi radio?

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

What are your impressions of the software. Did you try the buddy share feature, how good is the face tagging if you have contact pictures. How is the gps compared to your other phones, esp an Htc or Motorola. What level of brightness do you normally keep the screen at.
    rlb

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

How is the display compared to the One X outside in direct sunlight?
    How is the call quality and signal strength compared to the One X?

Quote Originally Posted by jfs101 View Post
    Alex, did it come with headphones? I love the ones bundled with the S II. If you haven't done so already, try the music player. Thanks for responding to all our silly questions.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums
    I am also interested in the headphones. How are the inline controls.?

And, YES, THANKS!

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
    What are your impressions of the software. Did you try the buddy share feature, how good is the face tagging if you have contact pictures. How is the gps compared to your other phones, esp an Htc or Motorola. What level of brightness do you normally keep the screen at.
    Questions should end with question marks?

I don't have any questions at the very moment but I will certainly pipe up again if I do!

Quote Originally Posted by hell911 View Post
    does SGS3 fits in your jeans pocket easily? im not talking about skinny jeans alright.
    this one.

What was wrong with your old phone?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by turbofan View Post
    Questions should end with question marks?

I don't have any questions at the very moment but I will certainly pipe up again if I do!
    Thank you mr.grammar policeman.
    Should we point out your errors?

Thanked by:
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast