Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

I have a serious question concerning call record functions. I used to have the Sensation and it could record calls using "Record My Call". But when I moved over to the gs2 it couldn't do it. Could you download the app and let me know if it works?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Default Re: I've got the Samsung Galaxy S3, ASK ME QUESTIONS!

So how's the battery life? My GNex battery life is terrible (even with the 2100 battery)...so I'm really curious if it's worth swapping out phones.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

I see Alex is no longer responding to questions? Maybe this thread should be closed then!

Quote Originally Posted by GitterDunn View Post
    So how's the battery life? My GNex battery life is terrible (even with the 2100 battery)...so I'm really curious if it's worth swapping out phones.
    Some time on google could give you your answer! Lots of objective and suubjective measures been carried out. Altho I'd say battery life is a hugely variable result.

Is there anyway to make HDR the default shooting mode?

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nashstruck View Post
    Some time on google could give you your answer! Lots of objective and suubjective measures been carried out. Altho I'd say battery life is a hugely variable result.
    Battery results definitely vary! I'm not looking for an answer that consists of X hours. Instead, I saw that Alex uses a Galaxy Nexus, so I was hoping he could let us know if it lasted a few hours (or even half a day) longer with similar use. If it doesn't last much longer, then it's probably not worth it (for me) to upgrade to the S III.

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by blitz118 View Post
    Please let's keep the thread on topic. We have heard enough about dropping phones.
    Actually it is on topic since it relates to the phones durability.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

I'm coming from a gnex as well (with a POS HTC One X for three days that I returned) and I'm getting terrific battery life on at&t, on call talk time is really sick- I was on the phone for over an hour today and lost 5% total! for me im averaging 15 hours with heavy use. I've only had it for five days so far it will probably get better.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Trust me after picking up my gnex next to my S3 its sooooo nght and day. You just have to try and feel what the S3 is like, the weight distribution is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Geezay View Post
    I see Alex is no longer responding to questions? Maybe this thread should be closed then!
    :thumbup:

Ive ordered my s3 to bring this thread bak alive

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I don't know if this was already asked, but can a person swap the SD card out without having to pop the battery? I couldn't tell from the video.

-Suntan
    you can do a hot swap. just make sure you unmount your sd card in the settings> storage before doing that to avoid data loss/corruption

Quote Originally Posted by fearthepanthers View Post
    I know people have asked already, but would it be possible to take some sample pictures and post them?
    sample pictures of what? i have taken tons of pics on GS3. great quality

Quote Originally Posted by Geezay View Post
    Hi Alex,

I noticed that you haven't quite gotten round to responding to my question below. Anyone else with a SGSIII can chip in.
    i have synced my gmail, facebook, skype and yahoo address books to google sync and i now see it on my GS3.

GS3 has allowed me to link contact details that are fragmented across the various social media into a single contact

Quote Originally Posted by LazrRocketArm View Post
    What about Flipboard? Some are saying it wasn't installed.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE
    i also dont have flipboard preloaded on my unit. i bought my unit in Dubai

ROM
    stock

Hi Alex, when I applied an all time black wallpaper for my lock screen, with the ripple effect enable. My screen looks wash out with white blotches. I have notice that with all the wallpapers now, but it is really noticeable with darker color wallpapers. Is there a fix? Or is this a side effect? The wash out look disappears when the ripple effect is disabled. Here are two pictures that show the side effect. Thanks Alex!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've got the Samsung Galaxy S III, ASK ME QUESTIONS!-uploadfromtaptalk1339856789042.jpg   I've got the Samsung Galaxy S III, ASK ME QUESTIONS!-uploadfromtaptalk1339856800075.jpg  

I have, what might be considered by some of the "more educated" Android users, to be a dumb question. I just want to know....when I unmount my SD card from my Gallaxy S II Epic Touch and pop it into my new S III, is everything going to be "right where I left it" on the S II?
    I bought the HTC Evo LTE and when I put my card in it I couldn't find half of my stuff...playlists where missing in my music, 3 (of my favorite) movies were missing, etc. When I put the card back in the Epic Touch everything was there, right where I left it!
    I guess I am "praying" that "Samsung to Samsung" will be an easy swap so I can find everthing!!! I am not very "technical" at finding stuff that gets "hidden" in the dark depths somewhere.
    Live every day like it is your last...because it COULD be!

Let me just hope on to help answer some of these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by tgottschalk View Post
    Is there anyway to make HDR the default shooting mode?
    Yes. In the camara, go to settings -> shooting mode -> HDR.

I was hoping he could let us know if it lasted a few hours (or even half a day) longer with similar use.
    I didn't have a Galaxy nexus (I came from an Evo 4G), but I just wanna say that with heavy use totalling a few quick calls, 300+ messages throughout the day, syncing data in the background every hour, and quite a bit of web browsing and news reading; I can have my battery last me the whole day.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyPhone View Post
    I just want to know....when I unmount my SD card from my Gallaxy S II Epic Touch and pop it into my new S III, is everything going to be "right where I left it" on the S II?
    In my experience, no. I switched my SD card straight from my Evo 4G to my GS3, and it put all the old folders in a folder called extsdcard and created all the folders it needed in a new one called sdcard. The stuff I wanted to move I had to manually move to the other folder.
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyPhone View Post
    when I unmount my SD card from my Gallaxy S II Epic Touch and pop it into my new S III, is everything going to be "right where I left it" on the S II?
    Certainly not a dumb question...

Everything should be there. You'll need to pop the card in and wait for the system to scan the card (usually not more than a few minutes). I'm not sure if it is still the case with the newer models, but Samsung used to add a notification to let you know the progress of the scan. This includes music, images, videos, and playlists.

I'm not sure why you would have experienced a problem with the Evo unless you simply didn't wait long enough (or their media player is bad about reading updated information). Samsung has a really good track record of supporting a wide range of movie formats, so perhaps you had some movies on the card that are not typically supported by Android. (You can, of course download applications to play those movies.)
    Thanked by:

Ok ive got my phone... is there any app in the market that makes the led light flash every few seconds like a blackberry does ???

Reading reports of screen burn any signs yet?

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    Reading reports of screen burn any signs yet?

If you mean the screen getting hot... then no its actually cooler than my s2 by a long way

Quote Originally Posted by sir.mervyn.king View Post
    If you mean the screen getting hot... then no its actually cooler than my s2 by a long way

Maybe because it's new, but Sammy has had previous issues with screen burn (image burnt into screen)....

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sir.mervyn.king View Post
    Ok ive got my phone... is there any app in the market that makes the led light flash every few seconds like a blackberry does ???

Try the Light Flow app. It is very customize-able and it works on the S III as demonstrated in .

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
    Is it fairly easy to see the cpacitive buttons on the white version? seems odd to go white on white.
    My white Epic Touch (SII) had white captive buttons, and they were very easy to see, lit up of not. I'd bet that the S3 will be the same way.
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast